Package lost?

I recently ordered an MRE From Russia to Canada on Nov 1st. The seller shipped with Russia post and the estimate for delivery was Dec 11. The last update was on the 21st of December saying that it was en route to Canada and released by Russian customs. I have received a refund from the seller. I don't understand why the package could be taking so long though. (CB049712620RU) tracking number for reference.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Package lost?

@micflo_2195 wrote:
I recently ordered an MRE From Russia to Canada on Nov 1st. The seller shipped with Russia post and the estimate for delivery was Dec 11. The last update was on the 21st saying that it was en route to Canada and released by Russian customs. I have received a refund from the seller. I don't understand why the package could be taking so long though. (CB049712620RU) tracking number for reference.

According to Canada Post tracking:

Nov. 5: The package had to travel (probably by truck) from a remote location in central Russia (Novokuznetsk) to an exit point from the country.

Tracking says nothing about going through Russian customs, it does have to go through Canadian customs when it arrives in Canada.

Nov 21: Speed also depends on whether the item is traveling by boat or air when it left Russia for Canada.

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

See attached
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

See attached
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It looks like Kaliningrad is a port city.

It is possible that the shipment will be moving from Russia to Canada by ship.

Which can take months.

What was the last estimated date for delivery?  You have 30 days from that date to open an Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Or, if you are willing to give up your eBay Buyer Protection, you can open a similar dispute on Paypal (look under Tools at the top of your PP account page) for 180 days from payment.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I got the refund from the seller. I was just wondering why it took so long
Message 6 of 6
latest reply