Package stuck in jamaica ny,us,since tuesday. Shipment used is ebay international standard delivery.

Hello everyone

Bought something on ebay *a computer to be precise*, and my package is using ebay international standard delivery. I got a dhl ecommerce number, which I used to track, and now I have my final tracking number with usps. This is coming to canada, and on usps website, it says: Your item was processed through our JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on May 25, 2021 at 2:43 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Also, the service used by usps is Priority Express international, which clearly states that it delivers 3 to 5 days to canada.

On canada post's website, when typing tracking number, it says multiple pin,for some reason. Told cp's customer service, they did nothing to fix it except wait.

Why is it stuck in processed from jamaica ny, and how long will it take to be delivered? It's been 2 weeks since I'm waiting for this.

Tracking number for usps/canada post is:LX004680405US

Tracking number for dhl ecommerce is: ESUS45008541

Thank you everyone for your help.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Package stuck in jamaica ny,us,since tuesday. Shipment used is ebay international standard delivery.

I'm not sure where you see Priority Express International but if you do see it that must be for one leg of the journey as ebay international standard does not use that for the whole journey.  It looks like right now the package is on its way via DHL to Canada from New York. 

https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/?trackingnumber=ESUS45008541

It's possible that it is already here and is being processed and that the tracking hasn't been updated.  Unfortunately there is no way of knowing exactly where it is but hopefully it won't be much longer.  What is the estimated delivery date on your purchase history?

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

What date did eBay give you as the last estimated date for delivery?

If that has not passed put it on your calendar and forget about it until that date passes.

Then you have 30 days to open an Item Not Received Dispute (INR) in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

You also have 180 days from payment to open an INR dispute with Paypal.

Again if the seller cannot prove delivery you will be refunded.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

When I check the tracking through EasyShip, the last scan is from the 26th and states that the item is in transit and is expected to arrive at the post office (I'm thinking that means the Canada Post Gateway facility in Mississauga) sometime between tomorrow and Monday.

https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/ESUS45008541

As far as I know, the "LX" prefix in one of the tracking codes you received doesn't indicate that the item is being shipped through Priority Express International.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

so why on usps tracking, it clearly says it?

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

@leilghena_0 

From a past experience using this service, my item moved from upper NY  by USPS to the (DHL Sort Facility - Ohio)....It got processed there (it's part of DHL's ecommerce division - Separate from regular DHL). Not sure if it's service, value, size, origin/clear point  based or a combination of the above. Mine was low value so got handed back to USPS for forwarding to Mississauga. (From NY to Mississauge was close to 2 weeks). When it reached Mississauga it got a Xpresspost label and arrive a 2 days later in Calgary. From what I was told it can stay with DHL possibly when duties and taxes are involved (educated guess). If duties and taxes are involved they will contact you prior to delivery. They do not collect at the door with DHL.

-Lotz

PS. For my parcel according to the routing it got did not travel in the straightest of lines. The joys of spoke and wheel distribution and was a little over 6 months ago so they may still be tinkering with routing because of Covid problems.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@leilghena_0 wrote:

so why on usps tracking, it clearly says it?

Guessing again, I'm going to say that it's because it's a DHL eCommerce shipment that--at least for part of its journey--is travelling in the same mail stream as USPS Priority Express items.

https://www.dhl.com/us-en/home/tracking/id-labels.html

What was the delivery time estimate stated on the listing page or in your confirmation emails?

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Did you have to pay taxes and duties for your package. From my experience, I never did before and even if I had to, I'd only have to pay taxes,cbsa dosen't give duty fees for items coming from the states. 

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

On parcels website, it says june 1st to 5th,on ebay it says june 31st.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@leilghena_0 wrote:

On parcels website, it says june 1st to 5th,on ebay it says june 31st.

Interesting.  I thought June had only 30 days.  😃

Anyway, there's your answer to when you're going to get your computer: sometime next month.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@leilghena_0 wrote:

Did you have to pay taxes and duties for your package. From my experience, I never did before and even if I had to, I'd only have to pay taxes,cbsa dosen't give duty fees for items coming from the states. 

No taxes paid on my example.  It was under 15 bucks USD. I did have to do some major digging to confirm what was going on and confirm how it was truly moving. It was nice having it arrive without taxes/processing attached. The way I look at it is the best surprise is no surprise. Higher value it can be a bit of a lottery as to yay or nay.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

The duty-free allowance is $150 from the USA and the tax-free allowance in $40.

If your item is valued at $50 and you are in Alberta (5%GST only) you will be paying $2.50 when you pick it up at the PO.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

If your item is valued at $50 and you are in Alberta (5%GST only) you will be paying $2.50 when you pick it up at the PO.

With CP isn't there still a processing fee when there are taxes owing? It's been ages since I've paid on anything that arrived directly with CP. Probably why having to pay anything extra on products purchased through GSP routinely is so annoying.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

well, I expect it to come this week. Also, i'm wrong, it's june 21st,not 31st. Since the package is arriving to canada this weekend or monday, I'd expect it to come this week. As lotz said @lotzofuniquegoodies , the package will be xpresspost when coming to canada, and xpresspost delivers tommorow or the day after, so I think the package is almost in my hands...

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I’d base my expectations for delivery time on what eBay claims and then be pleasantly surprised if the item arrives sooner than that.

Similarly with duty and taxes, unless my item is being forwarded through the Global Shipping Program, I’d expect to be charged for this by customs or the carrier and be relieved if I wasn’t.
Message 15 of 24
latest reply

Since I started buying on ebay 2 years ago, I've never,ever,ever gave trust to their estimated delivery,because the tracking number was always right,and the package arrives earlier than ebay's estimated **bleep**. Unless I bought something without a tracking number, I'm not trusting ebay's estimation.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

With CP isn't there still a processing fee when there are taxes owing?

I believe that the fee is $9.95

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

With CP isn't there still a processing fee when there are taxes owing?

I believe that the fee is $9.95

And my wife and I were charged $10.00 plus taxes owing for an item we had to pick up from the post office that was sent by a shipping method similar to DHL eCommerce.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

----------

Plus a $9.95 processing fee.
Note that those amounts are for courier shipments only.  Items over $20 sent through the postal system may still be assessed tax and duty.  
I tried to post the exact wording but can't get past the HTML filters.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/cn-ad/cn20-18-eng.html

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@leilghena_0 wrote:

Since I started buying on ebay 2 years ago, I've never,ever,ever gave trust to their estimated delivery,because the tracking number was always right,and the package arrives earlier than ebay's estimated **bleep**. Unless I bought something without a tracking number, I'm not trusting ebay's estimation.

eBay's delivery times are based on information provided by the shipping company listed.  For items with flat-rate shipping, the seller kind of makes a call on what to put in for the shipping time through the flat-rate shipping method they select.

There were some--I hope resolved by now--issues with the slow transit of some eBay International Standard Shipping shipments when the program was first unleashed.  Perhaps as this is eBay's "own" shipping method, they're padding the shipping time a bit in a case of under-promise and over-deliver.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply