Parcel not delivered to GSP

My parcel left Cincinnati on January 25th at 815pm and hasn’t arrived at the gsp as of February 1st there has not been any tracking updates since then and the parcel is scheduled for delivery between February 2 and the 8th is this long of a with normal?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It's possible that the package is delayed in one of the usps hubs though it is unusual that there haven't been any updates.  Unfortunately there really is nothing that you can do until after the unexpected delivery date. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

The impression I have from other threads is that Cincinnati is sometimes used as a "holding hub" for GSP-forwarded packages when things get backed up in Erlanger.  The two centres are about twenty minutes apart from each other, after all.

Your item may be in Erlanger waiting to be taken out of the trailer of the truck from Cincinnati.  Or it may have been checked in, possibly processed, and even trucked out to Canada, but a technical glitch has interfered with it and the event scan information hasn't been transmitted.  

I used to be a nerdilly-obsessed tracking follower until one day I realized that it really doesn't make any difference if I know where my item was last scanned.  Having that information doesn't change anything and there's usually very little that we buyers can do with it.  I think we've been oversold on the value of tracking to buyers, quite frankly.

Yes, now that your item is within the estimated delivery window, checking on the tracking may be of some use, but just because there's no recent information on your item isn't necessarily a sign that it's not moving or it's gone astray.  Focus more on that last estimated date of delivery in case you need to file a claim for a not-received item.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply