Payment Methods

I'm very curious to know if anyone else is seeing something similar with their payment options. (From account settings.)

In checking my payment methods recently I noticed that PayPal was not turned on for eBay purchases. I am blocked from updating and making it available.  I passed this on to eBay customer service and they too recognized it as a system error and reported it by opening a ticket. If this a is sitewide issue this "could" be causing major issues for anyone making a purchase or wanting to pay fees  and expecting it to be automatically processed by PayPal. If PayPal is no longer an official option then everyone needs to be advised.

Payment methods.png

In checking settings again today I'm still seeing the above. Only options for checkout are CC or Bank Debit Card with secondary tab.

-Lotz

tyler@ebay 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Payment Methods

marnotom!
Community Member

Does a seller enrolled in and using Managed Payments need to indicate that they accept PayPal as a payment method? They don’t have to indicate they accept the other payment methods under the MP umbrella such as Apple Pay, after all.

I see the PayPal logo in the payments section of your current listings, to boot.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Payment Methods

@marnotom! wrote:

Does a seller enrolled in and using Managed Payments need to indicate that they accept PayPal as a payment method? They don’t have to indicate they accept the other payment methods under the MP umbrella such as Apple Pay, after all.

I see the PayPal logo in the payments section of your current listings, to boot.

I see PayPal on my listings also. The issue is the default payment method and that it CAN'T be modified or updated.  Expanding from your information when making a purchase does by selecting Apple Pay etc bypass eBay payment settings? Same goes for bank debit cards?

-Lotz

PS. As a side why would eBay CS acknowledge it as a system error but refuse to correct?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Payment Methods

Did you actually try to pay for something with Paypal?  If you click on the 'i' it tells you that you can add Paypal at checkout.  When I put something in my cart and go to checkout, it gives me the option of checking out with Paypal.  I don't see a problem.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Payment Methods

The other area of concern would be where buyers cancel an order right after payment. According to eBay CS funds should be removed from Pending/Processing. I had 2 cases where those funds were pulled directly from my Bank Account.

-Lotz

PS. Yes. Payment for tax and overage for shipping supplies.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Payment Methods

I've recently made several small purchases from MP sellers.

At checkout PayPal is presented as an option. I chose PayPal and completed payment that way. Afterwards, before exiting checkout I was given the option of saving PayPal as my preferred payment method.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Payment Methods

@marnotom! wrote:

Does a seller enrolled in and using Managed Payments need to indicate that they accept PayPal as a payment method? No. Sellers have no control whatsoever on the types of payments allowed on their listings.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Payment Methods

marnotom!
Community Member

The "greyed out" PayPal option has the note "used for checkout" below.  It's greyed out because it's no longer an official payment method but, instead, a payment method supported by Managed Payments.  (Side note:  I predict that in a few years it's going to fall by the wayside in this capacity.)  Like PJ and others, I don't think this is anything to worry about.

Your concern about MP's handling of immediate cancellations is best dealt with in a new thread.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Payment Methods

tyler@ebay
Community Member

I'm late to this party but @marnotom! has the right idea:

As a payment method for seller fees, PayPal is no longer an option, which is why you would see it greyed out. 

However, as a buying payment method it is still allowed. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply