Pittney Bowes GSP

I am currently travelling but I see that Pittney Bowes under the GSP marks my item as "delivered". Do they require signature upon delivery or will they just leave an item at your doorstep? 

Can "delivered" mean they left a notice and I have to pick the parcel up from their facility?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Pittney Bowes GSP

PB/GSP sub-contracts delivery to various carriers, usually Canada Post.

You should get a Notice if the carrier was unable to deliver, but some will "safe drop" a parcel in an apparently safe place.

If you see online that an item is Delivered , but you have neither the Notice nor the item, go to your nearest PO, with the printout delivery note, and ask about it.

Bring ID.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Pittney Bowes GSP

Had the parcel already gone through the Kentucky gsp depot?  If it hadn't, it's possible that the delivered comment is just saying that it was delivered at that depot, not at your location. It will need to be processed there and then shipped to Canada.

For delivery to you.....I don't think that the gsp 'always' does things the same way bur I am guessing that if the package is at a depot near your home or at a post office..it would say that it was waiting to be picked up by you, not that it was delivered.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Pittney Bowes GSP

The global shipping program is slow, expensive and somewhat confusing some times. Ebay states it is a good program but in reality what that delivered likely means is it made it through the first of the multiple ships it needs to get to you. With the GSP things actually ship twice which is why it is so much slower and more expensive. The seller drops it off at Pittney Bowes and they ship to the GSP shipping center. That is what you are likely seeing as delivered. Than they process your package there and start the shipping process all over. I for one have found all this program does is double the time and cost of shipping. I tend to avoid many items from sellers who use the GSP but that is all up to you.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply