search ebay.ca for vendors that DON'T ship to Canada !!

nevetsk
Community Member

I'm very frustrated that I often log onto Ebay.ca  specifically .... (since I live in Canada)  find the item that I want to purchase , and then find out that the seller DOESN'T ship to Canada.    WHY IS IT LISTED ON THE CANADIAN SITE ???? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

both .com and.ca listings are viewable. Filter your search results for Canada only.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Are you searching with a US address as your primary shipping address?
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

There was once a new seller on eBay who lived in Canada and listed on eBay.com.

The seller assumed that domestic shipping was shipping to Canada ... On eBay.com domestic shipping was actually shipping to the US...

and then he blocked international shipping,  and actually blocked shipping to Canada.

This can happen.......

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

There was once a new seller on eBay who lived in Canada and listed on eBay.com.

The seller assumed that domestic shipping was shipping to Canada ... On eBay.com domestic shipping was actually shipping to the US...

and then he blocked international shipping,  and actually blocked shipping to Canada.

This can happen.......

In that case those listings wouldn't show up on .ca...the op is asking about listings that they can see on this site.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Could you please give an example with a link or a item number that is on .ca but doesn't have shipping to Canada?  You shouldn't be able to see them here if you are searching from Canada so I'm curious as to what is causing it. The item number is just above the item specifics on the right side.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The item number is 312875532211    I contacted the seller and he was surprised that he listed the item without international shipping.  He wasn't able to change it so I found a work around.     My primary shipping address IS in Canada.   I find it frustrating ( as you can prob tell ) that I can see and try to purchase items and then find out that they don't ship to Canada.   But I'll get over it   🙂

Thanks for you help 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Are you sure the seller wasn't able to "fix" the listing?  This is what I see when I look at the listing on my desktop computer:

ebay canada.jpg

Is this what you saw originally?  If not, is it what you see now on the listing page?

I'm wondering if the issue has something to do with the seller not specifying Canadian shipping rates on his listing.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

When you click on shipping details you see the dreaded and wonderful:

Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid postal code.

message. Could be a measurement issue.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I have had this happen to me before. what I did. was contact the seller and ask if they would ship to Canada and the cost if so. They did ship it with no issue.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

From what I see it looks like the seller perhaps made some error in listing. Just communicate with seller and than purchase. Once purchased you can request a total from seller. The other way is to get the seller to close the action and open up a new one with your buy it now price. A couple sellers did this for me when they couldn't figure out how to adjust the action. Either way it is a fairly simple thing to get through with some communication. Good luck.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

self-deleted - posted to wrong thread

Message 12 of 12
latest reply