Purchased Items not Arriving....

I purchased two items from different sellers, one on Jan.10/20 and the other on Jan.15/20.

Both items have not arrived. The seller from Brazil (purchased on Jan.15/20) sent the package Registered Mail with no tracking updates from Brazil (I've purchased from them once before successfully with prodding ). The other from a seller in New York (purchased on Jan 10/20) that I've purchased many times before without issue.

I believe I've given both sellers enough time for their packages to arrive.

When I go to my Orders Page of the item and click on More Actions I get a drop down menu and click on I didn't receive it which brings me to two options: Tell the seller what you prefer

I want a refund

or

I want the item

My question is... is this the same thing as opening a claim in the Resolution Center at the bottom of the page? 

Where should I open the INR case? Does it make a difference?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @silverpinups - both will accomplish the same thing: it will open a request. The question lets a seller know what resolution you're looking for. 

For many sellers, if they have a replacement, they'd rather send it to you if that's what you'd prefer. If you'd rather have a refund it helps them to know that off the bat. 

Sorry that you've had two purchases go missing! Hoping that you're able to get a quick resolution on this. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the quick reply... unfortunately both items can not be replaced. There were both OOAK items purchased on my buying account. I'm simply amazed at the treasure trove of collectibles that can be purchased on eBay. I will always be a buyer : ) 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Oh no! I was hoping that that wasn't the case @silverpinups - but it stands to reason, you strike me as the OOAK-type collector to be sure!

I'm always amazed at what I can find - I recently bought a beautiful ship in a bottle as a birthday present for a close friend. Arrived packaged beautifully and definitely ended up being the highlight of the evening. 🙂

Hoping you find another treasure soon!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

FWIW-- Registered Mail in most countries is now only tracked domestically.

Don't use it for cross-border or overseas shipping.

It has been superceded by Expedited/ExpressPost/Priority but even those are not tracked within some destination countries. You have to read the directions.

Since these are coming to you, the tracking should start again on the US one when it crosses the border, if it was tracked at all.

Brazil's customs department is notoriously bad but this was leaving the country not entering.

As always, go for the refund, although in this case, replacement would be impossible anyway. Bother.

When the items finally turn up, you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply