Purchased through GSP - Expectation for additional fees?

eluder79
Community Member

Bought something from a US seller, and it was through eBay's GSP. Wondering if there is any likelihood of being hit with customs/duties at time of delivery, or is that all covered during the payment process on eBay? I haven't been active on eBay in ages, so this is the first time I've encountered GSP. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@eluder79 wrote:

Bought something from a US seller, and it was through eBay's GSP. Wondering if there is any likelihood of being hit with customs/duties at time of delivery, or is that all covered during the payment process on eBay? I haven't been active on eBay in ages, so this is the first time I've encountered GSP. Thanks.

GSP is a separate charge (to Pitney-Bowes) at time of purchase and covers duty, taxes and handling -- so no additional fees on delivery. 

The only time there may be a problem is if the Seller mails the item directly to you rather than going through GSP for processing.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@eluder79 wrote:

GSP is a separate charge (to Pitney-Bowes) at time of purchase and covers duty, taxes and handling -- so no additional fees on delivery. 

The only time there may be a problem is if the Seller mails the item directly to you rather than going through GSP for processing.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Definitely seems to be going through the GSP process as I’m tracking it on PB’s site using the typical UPAA tracking number which I’ve seen on the forums. I guess that should mean what I’ve paid is the final price which is great. Thanks for the prompt response.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply