Return - Seller selected can't provide label

How do i deal with this situation as the buyer? 

I won't describe the whole case but i'm dealing with a small seller very shady. I opened a INAD. Seller accepted, did not reply anything, and selected he can't provide label. 

There is no way i trust this seller to refund the shipping cost he would own me after delivered. He's showing me he does mistakes, intentionally hide defects, and has none communication. And he can purchase a label on ebay, still selected he can't provide label. This person is shady and not reliable. But now, ebay show to provide label and tracking number on MY side.

Shipping cost is higher than the item, he won't provide a label. It feels like he know what he's doing by selecting he can't provide one. Feels like he purposely puts the trouble on my side. How do i deal with that? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Return - Seller selected can't provide label

marnotom!
Community Member

My understanding is that you should be able to ask eBay to step in at this point.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041

Most of the time if you have an issue with a purchase the seller will be able to solve it for you. However, we're here to help.

Here are the main reasons you might ask us to step in and help on a return:

• The seller hasn't responded to your return request after 3 business days
  • The seller responded, but hasn't provided a resolution (for example, they accepted the return but didn't provide a return shipping label)
  • You returned the item and it's been delivered back to the seller, but they haven't processed a refund by the refund deadline
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Two choices.......

1 - contact the seller and tell them to provide a label OR provide money for you to buy a label (mon ey could be sent to you via PayPal, Venmo or ????

2 - If the seller doesn't follow through then escalate the request and give the reason "seller will not provide return label or funds to acquire one". Case will be closed in your favour, you will not be required to return the item.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If the seller is not From the USA then there is a issue. Ebay will not and dose not offer the seller any means to send a call tag. It is a real shame for the top not American sellers to get more sales in the USA. what we do is ask the seller to send the item back and snap a picture of the USPS bill with the shipping amount and we send the funds thru Pay Pal right away. Unfortunitly Ebay really dose not care for international sellers to sell in the USA. they know it and do little to nothing to assit a shipping issue. the Honest ones make a issue of returnibg easier for the buyer. the Best way is to check there Star and commments rating 

Joe 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Once the sellers clicks on the 'unable to send label' option, I don't think there you will see an ask ebay to step in option.  But you can contact eBay cs on eBay for business on Facebook or askebay on Twitter.  They will give the sellers a few days to provide a label or payment for one.  If the seller doesn't follow through then cs should refund you without requiring a return. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I had one that sent my a Canada Post untracked label for a return the Asia... ha, ha.  I insisted on a label or that he paypal up front the full cost of tracked shipping.   He did neither and the case closed with me getting a refund.  

For your case I would message him that as he cannot provide a label, to paypal you $x which is the cost of tracked shipping to his destination.   Then when you contact eBay it shows that you did everything to work with the seller but they are not willing to co-operate.   

I expect he already knows it will be very expensive and is trying to dodge it like my guy did and the case will time expire and you will get auto refunded. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I expect he already knows it will be very expensive and is trying to dodge it

Indeed. Today he even said he would refund but asked me to close the case. It's like this seller try to rip me off repetitevely. It's the second time he request that i close the case to have 1. a label or 2. a refund. This is the third time he do a request where he could keep my money. He even called like 4 times on my personal phone number. Never dealt with someone this shady. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I ended contacting ebay because it's been 4 days. To be honest if you want purposely to give buyers trouble, select you can't provide label... Never seen that. It removes the option to buyer to request ebay to step in, you must contact support for it. If buyer don't know, he may don't ship back and lose the case. If he ship back, he have no guarantee that seller refund shipping cost too. You cannot have a refund like normal if seller do not provide a solution within 4 days. On top of that, it gives 5 additional business days to seller once you contact ebay. The case is now put on hold for 5 days! I truly don't understand. Seems like like an exploit of the system on seller's side. 

So in resume. Seller shipped me the wrong item, and damaged. Removed my ability to have ebay to step in. Attempt multiple times to have me closing the case in suspicious ways by saying 'close it and i'll refund' 'close it and ill provide label' 'ship lettermail and ill refund'. Harass on my personal phone. Then he's rewarded by receiving an extra 5 days. What the heck is this. 

I'll most likely win the case but i never seen this. So much trouble and suspicious behavior by seller. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The return system is setup for US buyers and sellers.  Whenever a non US buyer or seller is involved the return system gets way more complicated.  They need to provide a better setup and information so that the buyer can easily get ebay involved when the seller refuses to cooperate with providing a label or money for a label to the buyer.  

The seller is being a jerk but I blame ebay too.  I see lots of posts where the buyer ends up paying for shipping on their own or waits too long to contact eBay.  Either way, they don't end up whole or happy.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

The return system is setup for US buyers and sellers.  Whenever a non US buyer or seller is involved the return system gets way more complicated.  They need to provide a better setup and information so that the buyer can easily get ebay involved when the seller refuses to cooperate with providing a label or money for a label to the buyer.  .

I don’t know if “better” is the word to describe it, but eBay International Shipping definitely offers an alternative to the eBay boilerplate return process.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply