Returning goods waited heavly to the seller

Refused an item I bought through eBay because the shipper double charged me now eBay says that it has not been returned.  It has but eBay does not recognize returns from Canada  Post.  So the vendor will get the item back and will not have refund  me the amount I paid.

eBay's rules are heavily weighted in favor of  the seller.  They seam to forget it takes many buyers to support each seller.

I think I will have to rethink using eBay after a decade as a customer and many thousandths of transactions.  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

HI ! THAT IS YOUR FAULT BECAUSE WHEN YOU RETURNED THE ITEM YOU DID NOT SHIP IT BACK WITH TRACKING NUMBER , SO THERE IS NO WAY FOR E BAY TO PROVE THAT YOU SHIPPED IT AND THAT THE SELLER RECEIVED THE ITEM BACK .
YOU TRIED TO SAVE MONEY ON SHIPPING BY USING A METHOD WITH NO TRACKING AND THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS .

YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT E BAY RULES IN FAVOR OF SELLERS .
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

To win an Item Not Received dispute the seller must prove delivery.

If the item shows as delivered  the seller is not required to refund the buyer. Even if the buyer refuses the package.

The delivery is the important thing. What the buyer does with the purchase after that -uses it, donates it, returns it - does not affect the seller.

If the buyer receives the shipment, then opens an Item Not As Described dispute, the seller is required to send return shipping. When the return shows delivered, the buyer is refunded. (The seller is out the cost of shipping both ways, with tracking, but has a saleable item back to relist.)

The seller could show delivery.

A Not Delivered dispute would fail.

Once you receive the purchase, it's yours to do with as you wish.

The seller has no responsibility for your actions.

You can leave feedback. Some future buyer might read it.

It is also possible that the refused package has not been received by the seller, since returns are a very low priority for any shipper.

after a decade as a customer and many thousandths of transactions.

One failed transaction out of thousands? OK.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Wondering how the seller could "double charge" the buyer on shipping without the buyer's consent.

Could it be that taxes, etc. were due on the item upon receipt? 🤔

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Good point.

@stonedean 

Were you charged PST/HST/GST by a Canadian seller who is registered to collect sales taxes?

Did you buy from a US or UK seller who used the GSP to ship. The GSP includes Canadian duty and sales taxes plus a service fee when the buyer pays.

Did you buy from a seller who was supposed to ship via GSP, but who actually used another carrier who wanted import fees before delivery?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Or was the item shipped from the US by UPS Ground? 😱
Message 6 of 6
latest reply