Rude Sellers

I am new to ebay and started in April of this year.

Most every seller has been polite and fun to work with, even when we don't agree on a price.

How do we post the rare, rude seller, who responds badly to an offer, and let other ebay buyers know, and avoid, this particular seller? 

Thanks for any feedback,

Jimmy

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Rude Sellers

EBay does allow us a Blocked Bidder List, but really we need a Blocked Seller List too, so we don't see their listings again.

The closest we have is sellers who refuse to cooperate in Disputes get Defects on their seller accounts.

But those sellers have to be in a transaction first, which doesn't happen when the seller insults a potential customer.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Jimmy

There are two sides to "every" tale, I wonder what your offer was for the Seller to be so insulted, was it lowball?

and, BTW the Seller can decline any offer for any reason they so wish...

...go buy elsewhere, that's all.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

How do we post the rare, rude seller, who responds badly to an offer, and let other ebay buyers know, and avoid, this particular seller? 

YOU CANNOT, just as we Sellers cannot "call out" Buyers or shame them, eBay POLICY.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

None of my listings remotely indicate I accept offers.
Yet I still get offers from time to time.
Those offering typically want to barter back and forth with ridiculous offers, assuming I'm stupid, and wasting everybody's time.

If I haven't asked for offers in my listings, I don't want anybody messaging me with any offer(s).
I consider that ignorant and rude.
This isn't the market place in the 'Old country'.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

complaint.jpg

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I agree most are awesome but I had an extremely rude seller I had only asked for the tracking number and he sent me many rude emails calling me a scammer and a Moron and so on I could not believe it and he continued to do so all evening he basically harassed me.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The seller has updated shipping information for your item. If you receive the item, please close this request.
one of the emails as I asked for a tracking cause I went to post office earlier the week and card was not there so instead of going back I asked for a tracking number as he did not provide one

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

So he added a tracking number to the transaction.

You have 60 days to add Feedback, so take a deep breath.

Does that tracking number show where (at least the postal code) the parcel was delivered on Oct 17?

Is the seller in the USA? Does he use the Global Shipping Program?

On the listing itself, you will see the words
No additional import charges at delivery!
This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. Learn more
This indicates that the seller has chosen to use the GSP, which is a Seller Protection.
On dotCOM, if you are shopping there, you will see
International Priority Shipping to Canada  via the Global Shipping Program

If he does, he is right.  A codswobble, but right. Delivery with the GSP is at the plant in Erlanger KY and there the seller's responsibility for delivery ends.

If he was using GSP, I have a long boilerplate for tracking.  So @michaemerce-9 please let us know.

And again, hold off on the feedback. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

It’s not about the tracking it’s how when I asked for it be instantly blamed me for scamming him cause it said delivered to my condo mail box which is at the post office 30 min drive as I live in rural Canada he was very rude and disrespectful if you read the threads I posted all his emails. I didn’t even ask for my money back or a return just for tracking so I could see were the card was.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Some sellers should not be sellers it is what it is. I experienced myself very weird talk from some sellers and it amazed me how it was from 99%+ regular sellers. Not much you can do except leaving a negative feedback and report him to eBay if he's going too far. If you need help about not receiving your order that's another topic 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Any chance we can see the messages you sent the seller as well?
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 13 of 13
latest reply