Seeing USD and even EUR in Canada Only Searches

I'm not at my computer right now but wanted to see if anyone else has seen this where you search for something and you select Canada Only, but some of the listings show in USD or even EUR.

If you look at the listings it shows the location as Canada, although not always specific.

I was searching in the Tablets category, looking for a tablet when I discovered this.

When I get home I can give screen shot, but wanted to see if anyone had something similar.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @retroman_studios - this is an interesting one. I did a search for a samsung tablet with the 'Canada Only' item location filter on and didn't see anything represented in a different currency. 

Looking forward to your screenshot to see what we can find out!

There IS a section below my results called ' Items from International Sellers' but even those are still listed in CAD.There IS a section below my results called ' Items from International Sellers' but even those are still listed in CAD.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The foreign currency indicates only that the seller listed on a foreign site.

For example, a lot of Quebecois members use the French site, which uses euros. The only English -language site that uses euros would be Ireland.

And of course, most Canadian sellers also sell on dotCOM which uses USD.

Those sellers would also be forced to use Flat Rate /International Shipping.

And the buyer would have to pay attention to the product's stated location (which may not be the same as the site, or of the seller).

But I agree.

Canada Only makes a difference, not only in delivery time, but Canadians are still subject to a risible duty-free allowance of $20Cdn.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ok I found it.

Go to the Tablet & eReaders category, and filter "lowest price" & "Canada Only". In the first page there is two cases and even a g.i. Joe figure listed as EUR and US $.

The iView case lists seller as registered in Canada and for item location says: Ships from
Ships Immediately - Worldwide, Canada
Delivery to V4C7X6
From Ships Immediately - Worldwide, Canada

The GI Joe item (I know wrong category but the issue remain) is shipped from Edmonton.

On page 2, there is a Sony PRS-600 eReader listed in USD. Seller has item listed being in Toronto.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@retroman_studios wrote:
Ok I found it.

Go to the Tablet & eReaders category, and filter "lowest price" & "Canada Only". In the first page there is two cases and even a g.i. Joe figure listed as EUR and US $.

The iView case lists seller as registered in Canada and for item location says: Ships from
Ships Immediately - Worldwide, Canada
Delivery to V4C7X6
From Ships Immediately - Worldwide, Canada

The GI Joe item (I know wrong category but the issue remain) is shipped from Edmonton.

On page 2, there is a Sony PRS-600 eReader listed in USD. Seller has item listed being in Toronto.

Thanks for this - I'm not able to get the same results as you I'm afraid. Would you mind sending me a PM with a screenshot so I can take a closer look?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

As femme  mentioned that only means that those sellers listed on different sites.  The search Canada only is for listings that ship from Canada, it has nothing to do with which currency or which site they were listed on.

You will always see the different currency when you click on a listing itself and it was done on a different site. I am guessing that you are seeing this on the search page though?  You can normally customize it so that all listings are automatically converted to Canadian dollars on the search page. (I think that it is usually the default so yours may have been changed)  But when I just checked now, the customize button is missing on that page for me....usually I see it when I click on view on the top right.   I do see it on other pages so I'm not sure why I don't see it on this particular search page.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply