Seller Cannot Accept Payment on BIN Item

When I try to buy an item that is BIN, immediate payment, I am getting this error:

"One or more sellers can't accept payments right now. Contact the sellers for help."

The seller is aware of the issue, and responded to my message saying that they are trying to fix the issue, but if they cannot, they will "try to take orders directly via other means".

It's an expensive electronic item, so I want to make sure I am still covered by PayPal's buyer protection, and can return the item with the seller having to pay for shipping if it turns out to be used or defective.  Is there any way to do this if sellers themselves are having issues accepting PayPal?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you pay with Paypal you are covered by Paypal.

If you also back the payment with a credit card (instead of your bank account or your PP balance) you may also be covered by the card's chargeback policy.

and can return the item with the seller having to pay for shipping

NO.

PP insists that the Buyer pay return shipping in a dispute. It's a rough Seller Protection.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

eBay requires a seller to pay for return shipping if the item is not as described and you file a claim through ebay's resolution center. However, you can only do that if you have paid using the checkout on the ebay listing.

If you open the claim through Paypal rather than ebay, Paypal requires a buyer to pay for postage when returning an item regardless of the reason. But there is a free program that you can join with Paypal  and they will pay up to $30 for return shipping. For more info...

https://www.paypal.com/ca/for-you/shop/refunded-returns

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Is it a new seller that perhaps has their Paypal address wrong in the listing? If they are new, you might ask them to check that.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

No, they're well-established, but they do sell very high priced electronics, so I'm guessing it's something to do with that.

We are both okay with me waiting until their paypal issue is resolved, and there's multiples, so should still be able to buy it through eBay checkout eventually.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Does the seller usually offer shipping to Canada?

If not, and the seller added you to their blocked bidders exemption list, they may have their PatPal preferences set to block PayPal payments from users located outside of their “ships to” locations or some such.

If that’s the case, he seller will have to temporarily disable the payment block in order for you to pay.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply