Seller change the invoice from free shipping to charged shipping

The seller offered free combined shipping and to qualify made the rule that you made the purchase up to 200US$. The seller sent the invoice on 24th January at 4.27pm with free shipping but later made the changes and refuse to offer free shipping. The seller created two separate invoices for more than 40 items. Item #  291989638751 and 291989638918 are the two different invoices but the seller refused to change and showed his stubborn attitude and ignore all my messages.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

From the two listings you mention in your post I see:

You pay only 1$ for the first item purchased and for each following 0.05 cents more.

I don't see any free shipping mentioned for Canada.

For best results (since you and the seller don't agree):

Request that the seller cancel your purchases.

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I don't think we have the full story here, so my observations are based on what you've written and what I've been able to find out from the seller's listings.

According to the descriptions for the listings you posted and descriptions for other listings, the seller stopped offering free shipping for purchases over (not "up to") US$200 in November.  Qualifying purchases must be made over the course of 14 days.

Having said that, there seems to be a lot of listings that the seller posted from November onwards that still have the free shipping condition stated.  But the question is, did you purchase more than US$200 worth of stamps from the seller in a two week period?

The listings you posted had their description changed on January 2, which coincidentally seems to be the same day you placed your bids.  Were you in touch with the seller prior to that?  That's more than two weeks ago, so I'm wondering if at the time you placed your bid you worked out some sort of deal to extend the 14 day period for holding items for "free" shipping.

There's a few blanks that need to be filled in here, but at this point my inclination is to advise you and the seller to reach some sort of compromise on this if you haven't already burned your bridges.  That's assuming that you have indeed purchased more than $200 worth of items from this seller.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi, I can see listings with what appears to be free shipping if you purchase 200USD and seller will let you combine purchases over 10 days. I also see listings where the seller has made "new shipping" fees effective Nov 2016 where you pay $1 plus 5cents or $5 for tracked shipping ... I find his listings are a bit confusing because he doesn't seem to apply the same shipping fees over all of his listings.

For all of the items you purchased or won .... do any of them qualify for the free shipping? This would have to be listings that only actually say free shipping at $200 in the description ~ I think the listings where he doesn't say free shipping at $200 you "cannot" include as part of the total for free shipping or cannot assume the seller will include them as part of a free shipping promo....

oops marnotom! beat me to it .... 🙂

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I detest overly complicated Terms of Sale like this.

KISS.

It is not difficult for a seller to give a multiple buyer a 'surprise' discount, giving the actual cost of shipping (which includes packaging, labour, and eBay shipping FVF).

People love 'free' money.

I really can't see how some convoluted system done over a two week period is harder to work out than looking at the postage label on the package and comparing it to the shipping charge. Then use PP Send Money to give the discount.

Happy buyer.

The OP is free to leave appropriate feedback.

Politely.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I detest overly complicated Terms of Sale like this.

KISS.

Interestingly enough, the two listings that the OP brought up do have a simplified calculation of shipping in them, but in the process it does away with the "free" shipping incentive offered in the other listings.

The seller probably isn't doing themselves (or their potential buyers) any favours by trying to shoehorn their Belgian shipping into the .com site's USPS shipping calculator, either.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply