Seller from China only shipped 1 item out of the 10 on purchase order

I'm frustrated and disappointed. Too many problems with sellers from China this year.

I bid and won 10 items from this seller and paid for them all on one purchased. They only shipped 1 of the 10 items. I'm also expecting another order from this seller with 6 items so I have a feeling they probable did the same thing with that order, although that order was shipped with a different shipping method.

The only item they shipped on this order was the highest priced item. I am assuming the bids weren't to their liking so they decided to try and pull a fast one and ship 1 item, with the SpeedPAK tracking from China and re-labeled with Canadian return address and tracking label. When I peel back that label the customs entry lists 10 items which is funny considering how small the black bag package was with only the 1 item. Very very shady seller.

But I'm wondering....How come ebay makes me go through the process of opening a separate case for each of the 9 items that weren't shipped instead of just being able to select the missing items from the order all at once to submit the case and write the message that the 9 items weren't shipped?

Once you submit a case for each of the items they are removed from the order's purchase history and moved down to the Returns and Canceled orders section.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I opened "item not received" case for each of the 9 items not received

Yes. That was right.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

But I'm wondering....How come ebay makes me go through the process of opening a separate case for each of the 9 items that weren't shipped instead of just being able to select the missing items from the order all at once to submit the case and write the message that the 9 items weren't shipped?

Because there are nine different listings for the nine different (missing) items?

Each Claim has its own number and it is even possible that each item has a different price.

It's annoying but we are working with a system that does not have an actual flexible human understanding behind it.

And, no, a minimum wage Customer Service minion does not have any flexibility either.

If this were one item in a quantity of ten identical items from the same listing, the Claim would be Not As Described, because it was short.

If you opened a Not Received, there is also the problem that "something" was received.

Which did you choose?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

It was 10 different items, won on different auctions, but all paid for together in one payment.

I opened "item not received" case for each of the 9 items not received because I didn't receive them in the package. If I open item not as described it would be assumed something was received and I would have to return something I never received wouldn't I? So isn't "item not receive" correct case because that is what happened?
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

They did it to someone else who says they ordered multiple items but only received one.

I will wait to leave feedback to see what happens with the 2nd order and what they also say about this order.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Item not received is what happened BUT the system is set up so that if the seller marks that all items have been shipped together and there is a delivery confirmation scan showing that the package was delivered to your address you would lose the case. You received the package so ebay assumes that you received the items.  Were you given a tracking number for the purchase and if so, does tracking show that it was delivered? If there was no tracking, then there is no record of you receiving anything so you should be refunded. If there was delivery confirmation, the claim will have to be done differently so please let us know if there was.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Yes, the tracking number shows that a package was delivered.

I already submitted the claims for the 9 items through ebay as "Item Not Received", excluding the 1 item that was received.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

On a lighter note, if that is possible, my wife ordered what looked like cool little cat abodes, one for each of our two and four others for friends.  When they arrived, they were nothing more than foam beer can covers, and being Canadian, we already have a drawerful.  Checking later, these people no longer exist.  She sleep shops, so no recourse!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

eBay will likely rule against you then as delivery has been shown. If that happens you could open a return request.  If you use one of the last 5 or so choices as a reason for your return, it is considered an item as not described return so the seller would have to pay for return shipping and then refund you.  I 'think' that one of the choices may be missing parts or pieces which basically is what your situation is.

The seller could not send you a Canada Post label so you would have to figure out a cost for shipping the item that you did receive to China and then they are supposed to send you money for the postage BEFORE you buy postage and mail the item back.  You need to send the item with delivery confirmation so shipping would have to be via xpresspost so would cost at least $70 so the seller is not going to send you the money unless the items are worth much more than that.  If they refuse to pay for return postage you would have to contact ebay and they in turn would force the seller to refund. Unfortunately, it all takes some time and a little bit of legwork....I do wish claim system for international claims was a little easier.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

My story sucks.  I have been a fairly successful seller on this platform, made a deal with them three years ago.  My major income is from selling online.  Months ago my ID was stolen.  I have limited mobility and live in a small village.  During this Pandemic, my bank has been closed for months, so I can't open a dedicated chequing account.  Our municipal hall is not handling any ID problems.  We have another chequing account, but it is in my wifes name and the business is in mine.  eBay has stopped letting me list items and I assume that they will soon stop me from selling the items that I have already paid to list.  Do you think I can use her ID and chequing account to get back in the game?  If not any ideas where else to go?  And by the way on our Canadian forum why does chequing, honour and colour always come up as spelling mistakes?  Any help would be totally appreciated.  Go Leafs Go

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Well, that's disheartening considering I chose the option ebay gave me that fits the exact situation that happened. Item was not received.

I stopped selling here because I lost interest ("Almost" re-considered with their 200 free listing increase). I will lose interest in buying here as well it seems if this is how things go.

What would my PayPal option be depending on what happens with the current claims? or will they go with ebay decision too?
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Sorry to hear about your issues you are going through. You might want to post this in the selling forum and tag Tyler to ask him what your options are....

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/bd-p/213

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks, I actually wanted to post there!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I opened "item not received" case for each of the 9 items not received

Yes. That was right.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

made a deal with them three years ago. 

Do you mean you opened an account with eBay, and another with Paypal?

Is the account that was closed/unavailable with eBay or with Paypal?

We have another chequing account, but it is in my wifes name and the business is in mine.

If this is the Paypal account, you can  open a new account, backed by your wife's bank account.

Then switch the eBay listings to use the new account.

I have one eBay account that pays into three different PP accounts.

In addition, PP allows you to add bank accounts to your account, including non-Canadian ones.

Is this a Managed Payments problem?

If this is the eBay account, it would depend on why it was closed, and it may be easiest just to open a new account, although that loses your feedback numbers, which some buyers like  to see.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Refund has been received for the 9 items.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply