Seller put wrong telephone number? how to correct it

ngu_7250
Community Member

Hi,

I have my first buy on eBay. The seller from Italy sent his package to me in Canada on December 5, 2022. Untill today I have not got any information on the package (the tracking only shows: available for collection at the offices of the foreign operator). While wondering, I asked the seller to send me a photo of the form he made, it turns out that my telephone number he wrote is not correct.

My question is, are there ways to correct my phone nember? so that the local carrier will be able to contact with me.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member

I can’t think of any instances where a carrier had to telephone me prior to delivery.  Did you miss a delivery attempt?

Do you have any idea which carrier is handling your item in Canada?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

When is the package due to be delivered?
If you pass this date, which eBay gave you, you can Claim a refund.

If the seller used Surface shipping, the delivery could take two or three months.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

From the things I am reading Telephone numbers will be obligatory soon in order to ship a package.

In fact, things like "Require Buyer to provide phone number" tick the box, are popping up on different platforms. I myself am starting to require all my Buyer to provide their phone number. As more and more Sellers tick that option it will eventually become "Law"

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Fair enough, @brettjet38, but my point simply was that I’ve yet to receive a call from a carrier for a shipment that I’m due to receive.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Canada Post was not working over the weekend, and there will be no delivery today.

I would assume that terminals and other plants are working on skeleton staffing.
In addition, there has been some weather.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It'a been my experience that Canada Post does not phone ahead.

Nor does FedEx , UPS, or even Intelcom ( though that's no surprise).

The number is used in 'emergencies' , like the parcel has been in the back room for five days and the staff wants it out of there. They call in case the delivery notice got lost.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply