Seller removed from Ebay

Hi!

I had a question about what to do it the sellers I bought items from are removed from Ebay. I've looked around and I'm not sure what the best course of action is. I've paid but my payments are all pending on Paypal.

This is what my listings say:

- "We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

But the problem is I highly doubt they will send the items and I don't want to wait a month or more for the estimated delivery date. 

When I go to contact seller, it says this: 

• If the seller is no longer registered on eBay, don't pay for the item. If you've already paid, wait 7 days for your item to arrive. 

• If the item still hasn't arrived after 7 days, select Open a request so we can help resolve the issue. 

But again, I'm not sure the items will arrive and the estimated date was nowhere that early. And I guess technically they haven't been paid yet so it would probably be better to cancel before the payment goes through and they can get away with the funds.

I've also read I should immediately go to the resolution centre but it seems Ebay wants me to wait. I don't have tracking numbers or any way to know for sure the items have been sent out though.

Could someone give me some advice on what I should do, please?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller removed from Ebay

No, there’s nothing to wait for. Best to call PayPal due to the Pending issue.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

To clarify,

You bought the items but didn’t pay, or you paid but the payment says pending. Pending due to echeque? Or...?
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Paypal will put a Hold on payments to a new, or occasional or questionable seller.

Sounds like this is the third.

The Paypal Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP accounts page under Tools.

You have 180 days from Payment to dispute a transaction on Paypal.

I think you can also cancel a Paypal payment, but I'm not sure how. And e-cheques, which have already been taken from your bank account are tricky.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Sorry, I should have probably worded that better. 

I did pay and its not an E-check.  I wasn't sure why it was pending but it must be as femmefan1946 says. They must have been questionable sellers.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Do you think it would be best just to wait then? Just in case the sellers did send the items?

And do you know how long Paypal will wait before allowing the payment to go through?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

No, there’s nothing to wait for. Best to call PayPal due to the Pending issue.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you, I'll go do that then.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Good. Usually my advice would be to simply open a claim with Paypal and avoid the time it takes to make a call to Customer Service about it, but the payment  'pending' part is a bit abnormal in cases where sellers are removed from ebay. There's something happening here behind-the-scenes that we can't quite know about so it's best to just go to one of their agents and cut to the chase on it. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply