Seller says free shipping then refuses it and opens an unpaid item case

I bought two advent calendars from a seller. Both said free shipping worldwide. When I went to pay, I saw a shipping fee so I e-mailed the seller. He has ignored me until yesterday, where he opened an uppaid item case. How do I make him respect his free shipping ? And have that case deleted from my status ?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

marnotom!
Community Member

Looking at the listing page for the Lego City advent calendar, I see a shipping rate to Canada of £4.60 (C$7.65).  The "free shipping" only applies to the United Kingdom.

Were you viewing the listing on a computer or on your phone?  I'm wondering if eBay Mobile misrepresents shipping charges.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I see the shipping charge on one of the advent calendar listings but on the other one, it does say free shipping to Canada. That particular listing has been done on .com and the UK has been excluded as a shipping location.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I see the shipping charge on one of the advent calendar listings but on the other one, it does say free shipping to Canada. That particular listing has been done on .com and the UK has been excluded as a shipping location.

I see a shipping rate of US$15.84, Expedited Parcel, for the My Little Pony advent calendar.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Well this is weird. I checked those items as well, and I see shipping cost of $10.59 USD to Canada for the My Little Pony advent calendar and for the Lego one I see a choice of Free Shipping for Standard Int'l Shipping or $9.99 USD for Expedited shipping.

Are we all seeing different amounts?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Well this is weird. I checked those items as well, and I see shipping cost of $10.59 USD to Canada for the My Little Pony advent calendar and for the Lego one I see a choice of Free Shipping for Standard Int'l Shipping or $9.99 USD for Expedited shipping.

Are we all seeing different amounts?

Well, as the seller for the My Little Pony advent calendar is in Canada and is using Expedited Parcel to ship it, the price will vary according to the buyer's location.  If I change my postal code from my BC one to on in Ontario, the shipping price drops by about five bucks.

I changed browsers (Firefox to Chrome) to see if that made a difference and I still only see free shipping offered for shipments within the UK for the Lego City advent calendar.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Very confusing. I just realized that the OP purchased 3 different advent calendars so we are talking about a combination of two different calendars. . In the first post it sounds as if both calendars were purchased from the same seller so my post referred to the two Lego calendars which were sold by the same UK seller. I didn't even see the My Pony calendar until now.

Item 171152200170 - Lego New City -There is a charge for shipping to Canada....about C$7.65

Item 171146067591 Lego Friends calendar - Shipping shows as free to Canada.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I did buy three advent calendars. Already received the Little Pony one. The two I bought from the UK seller both said free worldwide shipping under the selling item title. I bought both, already paid for one and am hoping this can be resolved quickly as I need that calendar in a few weeks.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

This is a copy and paste of what I am talking about:

LEGO New City Town Advent Calendar for Christmas Xmas 2013 24 Gift Toys [60024] NEW 2013 Model * FREE Worldwide Shipping * BEST Value *

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

That listing shows two different shipping charges from the UK (buyer to select):

Free shipping
Canada
Standard Int'l Shipping
Estimated Delivery within 11-16 business days
Seller ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment.
US $9.99
Canada
Expedited Int'l Shipping
Varies for items shipped from an international location
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I know it lists two shipping options BUT it also says free worldwide shipping on top.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

PierreLebel, are you looking at the Lego City Advent calendar listing ? Because that is the one I am having issues with. The Friends one has already been paid for.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The "free shipping" is mentioned but in a subtitle for the listing.  I'm wondering if the subtitle actually belongs to a different listing and the seller put that in the listing for the advent calendar accidentally.

The shipping fields in the listing do contain prices for shipping.  I would have cleared that discrepancy up with the seller prior to bidding, not afterwards.

Ideally, yes, if I were the seller I'd honour the free shipping mentioned in the subtitle even though the listing itself does have shipping rates.  However, I'm not that seller.  It's up to you to decide if you want the item badly enough that you'll adhere to what appears to be the seller's intended terms or if you're going to stick to your guns on a matter of principle.

Good luck.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply