Seller says item is in transit but tracking number says different

I bought an item last Wednesday (my first one) and things seem to be off to a bad start. The same day I purchased it it said my item has shipped and I got a tracking number. Even today when I checked it it just says shipping information sent to Fedex. There is no Indication the item has moved at all. I contacted the seller and they say it is in transit to my location. What info are they looking at then?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Seller says item is in transit but tracking number says different

@filipk467 wrote:

I bought an item last Wednesday (my first one) and things seem to be off to a bad start. The same day I purchased it it said my item has shipped and I got a tracking number. Even today when I checked it it just says shipping information sent to Fedex. There is no Indication the item has moved at all. I contacted the seller and they say it is in transit to my location. What info are they looking at then?

Don't worry too much about tracking.

What delivery date range does eBay show for your purchase?

You have 30 days after the last delivery date to open an Item-Not-Received (INR) case to get your money back if it does not arrive.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ebay says it should arrive between Jan 16-24.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Mark those dates on your calendar.

If the purchase hasn't arrived by the 24th, open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

But FedEx is reliable.

The big surprise will be either when the driver insists of collecting duty, sales tax and his fee on your doorstep, before he hands over the package.

Or worse, when you get a bill in the mail from FedEx later for these (perfectly legal) charges that you agreed to when you accepted the parcel.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Okay, now the tracking number is showing that the item has left the origin facility and is on it's way to me. I guess there was some delay on my end for the tracking info to be updated.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply