Seller still hasn't updated shipping

ashh0301
Community Member
Hey, so I won 3 items on Friday. I contacted the seller if he could combine the shipping as shipping separate was more than half the cost of the items.

He doesn't respond until Saturday morning. He says he will do that right away and send me an updated price through email. I say thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Sunday comes and it still hasn't been updated or response to my email. I know ebay has a time limit to pay but I want to pay the right amount. How long can I wait before I contact ebay? I know it's the weekend I just don't want to get dinged for non payment.

While I'm here does non payment count 3 times for these 3 separate items? I have never received one and I have all positive feedback.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

mcrlmn
Community Member

You want an invoice for combined payments, not an email.

There are many stripes selling on eBay.

Sounds like you're getting the run around.

It shouldn't take anymore than a minute or two to send an invoice.

And yes, non payment for 3 separate items will get you 3 defects.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I contacted ebay chat just in case.
The jist of it is:
They emailed the seller
They can see where he said he will provide a shipping update
He has 24-48 hours to respond to this final email
And to ignore the unpaid item cases if the seller claims it as they marked something on my account. They will be dealt with after the case is closed.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Keep in mind that the seller is not required to combine shipping- or more importantly to discount combined shipments.

Combining shipments does not necessarily reduce the cost of shipping because the rates are determined by weight and dimensions, as well as service chosen and destination.

• I can send three paperbacks 17x10x1.5cm and weighing100 gr each to the USA for $6.58 if I send them LetterMail and separately.
  • The same three would cost me $11.14 t0 send together because the package would be over 2cm thick and could only be sent Parcel Rate. If I wanted to Track the parcel it would cost me $17.08. *

How long can I wait before I contact ebay?

US sellers can open Unpaid Item Disputes after 48 hours. Non-US sellers must wait 96 hours.

If you are really worried, you can pay the three invoices now.

Which concerns you most? The possibly higher cost of shipping, which was stated when you bought or the possible three Strikes against your buying account and being Blocked by most sellers because of them?

TL/DR

In future, if you plan to buy multiples, contact the seller before buying to confirm that he will combine and discount shipping.

*LetterMail is not trackable.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the replies.

What concerns me is the unpaid cases BUT ebay said they would remove it if it ends that way. The ebay agent said he emailed the seller to resolve this issue.

Now I honestly did not want it to get to this level as I have had no bad experiences with any seller until now. Most sellers are quick to respond and fix any concerns (which they are far and few in between)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply