Seller used wrong address - eBay failed to help get a refund

I provided tracking number to prove that the courier was unable to deliver the package and had to send it back to the seller. I confirmed that the correct address was provided. 

Ebay denied my claim and appeal.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member
It appears that this item was originally shipped from China at the beginning of December and went out for delivery mid-month. Did you file your claim with eBay within 30 days of the last estimated date of delivery?
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

How did you pay?
If you used Paypal you have 180 days from payment for a Claim.

If you used your credit card you have between 120 and 180 days depending on the card policies for a chargeback.

You may have to go through proving that the package was delivered to the wrong address again, so have your proofs handy when you make the claim.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It looks like wherever the parcel was delivered may have refused it which is why it got sent back to sender. Although, according to the tracking it was returned to the sender in Mississauga which is odd.

How do you know the sender used the wrong address? Do you live in Mississauga?

When a parcel is refused, ebay considers it as delivered.   If you paid with a credit card though, they are more likely to rule in your favour.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It looks like wherever the parcel was delivered may have refused it which is why it got sent back to sender. Although, according to the tracking it was returned to the sender in Mississauga which is odd.

How do you know the sender used the wrong address? Do you live in Mississauga?

The interpretation of the event scans may depend on where you're viewing the tracking, PJ.  I've checked the tracking on the Canada Post website, ParcelsApp.com, and the Cainiao website.  The way I'm reading the tracking is that the item's final destination was supposed to be Sherwood Park, Alberta, but there was a problem with the address and the item was sent to the Mississauga return address on the package.  This item appears to have been handled by a network of freight forwarders/logistics companies in a manner similar to the GSP and Canada Post only handled the "last mile" of its delivery.

If the item was supposed to go to Sherwood Park, it may not be so much a matter of the seller using the wrong address but more a matter of it being mangled on the address label.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks everyone. Yes, the package went through multiple couriers. It was just over 30 days when I created the claim. There was no explanation for ruling in favour of the seller. I will go through my credit card company to get the refund.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply