Seller wants extra dollars after I paid for the item, blames unexpected price increase.

How and who to report this to and report inappopriate seller terms. Pretty rude waiting for me to pay extra, after I already paid for the watch, which is outside of the contract terms. Please advise

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Seller wants extra dollars after I paid for the item, blames unexpected price increase.

the seller should have allowed for all costs when listing the item. An option you may want to consider is asking the seller to cancel the sale...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I thought that there is a report seller link on the dropdown arrow next to your purchase history but I've never used it. If not, there is also a link on the following page..

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022&st=3&pos=1&quer...

I think it is a good idea to report them as they should be selling for the originally agreed upon price. Reporting them may put them on ebay's radar but there is no way for you or ebay to force them to ship it to you even though they have already paid.  If they do refuse to ship it, they should cancel it which would trigger a full refund.  I realize that isn't the ideal solution.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If this is a one of a kind collectible, you may think differently, but if this is a mass market item, best to pass on it and buy elsewhere.

You may be able to leave appropriate feedback if the transaction is cancelled.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

And short.

"Attempted to raise price of watch after purchase. Cancelled sale."

or

"Attempted to raise shipping cost after purchase. Cancelled sale."

And, obviously, neither would be a positive feedback.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply