Selling with Good till cancelled option

Previously using this option made me pay more fee than calculated by 10% of total. Is it still true that using this method will make me pay more fee. I have 25-30 items, if I list these for 30 days and try to renew every month, it again ask me specify shipping, payment policy etc. and now a days I am very busy and want to avoid that. thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Selling with Good till cancelled option

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @fairdeals4every1 - can you let me know a bit more about the extra fees you encountered? There is not an additional fee to list your items as Good Til Cancelled.

When it comes to renewal, your listing will retain the same shipping settings you input when you created the listing, so it shouldn't be altering those settings unless you go in and change them. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have been using GTC for many years, because it saves me time.

The point of GTC is that on Day 30 of the listing it ends and then is automatically renewed exactly as it was the month before.

With fewer than 50 items you should still qualify for the Fifty Free listings sellers who do not run a Store get automatically.

I wonder if you have accumulated Defects? One result of Defects is that your selling fee would rise to 14% rather than 10%.

Or are you conflating the selling fee (normally 10%) with the fee on shipping (also 10%).  This is relatively new and many occasional sellers are confused by it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Perhaps I read somewhere that in good till cancelled, item is autorenwed monthly but in months with 31 days it happens twice ( on 30th and 31st) and hence total fee is increased.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi @fairdeals4every1 - that was a possibility in the past, but will not be by the time the GTC mandate begins for folks on eBay.ca (we announced the change to 'monthly' renewals late last month, you can review it here).

Welcome back and let us know if you have any other questions!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@fairdeals4every1 wrote:
... in good till cancelled, item is autorenwed monthly but in months with 31 days it happens twice ( on 30th and 31st) and hence total fee is increased.

Only 1st and 31st (30 days apart) GTC renewals can double charge a month.

A fix for this issue has been promised.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I believe someone did the math and showed that double charges would only happen to sellers who always listed on the first of any given month, and then only about every two years.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply