Shipping from china takes forever!

I have been an ebay active buyer for over 10 years now and always loved the experience. For the last 8 months it has become such a frustrating process. It seems most of the items i am interested in are from china. It use to take max 1 month or 5 weeks for items to arrive now it is well over 3 months and most of my purchases never get here. I have been refunded for some items but it did take so much messages tome and effort. I am trying to resolve my issues with the sellers because i want to avoid opening cases since pretty much 90 % of my items dont get here. YES I DID SAY 90 %. This is making the hole shopping experience totaly unpleasant and i just want to find a better place to shop but then i wonder...is itvthe sellers that have become untrustworthy and not even ship the items in the first place as many seem to think...is it the canadian postal service that has started to slack? Dont know what is going on and looking to see what others are experiencing.
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

and most of my purchases never get here. I have been refunded for some items but it did take so much messages tome and effort. I am trying to resolve my issues with the sellers because i want to avoid opening cases since pretty much 90 % of my items dont get here.

Hon, you've got to start opening those cases.

You have only 30 days after the last estimated delivery date for an eBay dispute.

It is completely robotic.

The only tricky bit it the suggestion that you contact the seller.

The contact should be "When was this shipped? What service was used? What is the tracking number?"

The only acceptable responses from the seller are a prompt refund or a useable tracking number.

If you don't get that -- DON"T get into a conversation about it-- ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

the refund takes from a few hours to a day or two.

If the item arrives later, you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

We women are raised to be nice and patient.

But it's time to be nasty.

The fault may not be the seller's. But it is your money and his responsibility.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

It's not the fault of Canada Post, it's not the fault of Customs, and it's probably not the fault of your sellers that your packages from China are not arriving. You can thank Chinese drug smugglers for that, and the Chinese government for not attempting to halt it sooner.

Due to the influx of highly toxic fentanyl being exported by lettermail from China, all pieces of mail now have to be analyzed by Customs before they can be delivered. Chronic and casual drug users on Canadian streets are dying en masse due to fentanyl contamination in their drugs, and first responders run the risk of overdosing themselves whenever they come into contact with a suspected fentanyl overdose. As little fentanyl as two grains the size of grains of salt can kill a person. That's how bad it is. 

Google the term: 'Chinese mail fentanyl' and have a read of the first ten or so news stories that arise. You'll be shocked. 

Here is a quick link to get you started: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/how-fentanyl-is-getting-through-canadas-border/article2...

If you must buy from China, chose a postal service with tracking. 

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

thanks for your reply! I do know the process of claims and have sometimes opened them, but I am worried that I would be flagged as a 'bad buyer' If I open as many cases as I should? I have so many items not arriving, I would need to open about 20 cases right now. I don't really know how or if there are repercussions of opening so many cases, could not find the answer on ebay, so I try to resolve the problems myself but I just cant waste more time on this so I will just stop buying for a while.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Open your claims. Stop buying from China for now, switch to sellers from elsewhere.
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Why are you buying from there?  chances are you have heard that U.S and canadas stuff is better.. not unless your looking for 10 items at the price of 1.. thats where the dollar store comes in.. 

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

109_2
Community Member

Maybe that is the reason.

CANADA POST SITTING ON MILLIONS OF PACKAGES FROM CHINA

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/User-to-User-Help/CANADA-POST-SITTING-ON-MILLIONS-OF-PACKAGES-FROM-CHINA...

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

I would not trust that thread quoted above as accurate news. It has not been substantiated.
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Yes, this topic has been on my mind for about 6 months. Up until then items from China, and I ordered a lot (items for less than 1 buck even) would arrive 3-5 weeks guaranteed. Since 6 months ago my many orders have all arrived but anywhere from 2 to 4.5 months!!! Eventually sellers are going to refuse to ship to ca as they are losing money/being hassled just like many will not ship to south america,africa,etc. 

Are the sellers just pretending to ship? If you are using power sellers, high ranked  I doubt it- they make pennies per sale but sell huge volume so would not risk being shut down.

My theory: when you buy an item for 99 cents from china, cp must make a cool 5 cents or so for delivery- not worth their while. Lately many chinese vendors on a.l.i.express are offering epacket for about 5 bucks- I tried this out and item arrived fast as fedex- in van in 1 week and here in mtl 1.5 weeks later-lesson being imparted by cp: cough up 5 bucks or your stuff is gonna sit in a warehouse for 3-4 months.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I replied to your other thread with details as to the reason for the delay. It's not about mail processing as much as it is Customs inspection.
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

I dropship 1000's of products yearly  to nz/oz and stuff gets there in 2-4 weeks. They not using dope there? doubt it! cp is messed up.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Don't take my word for it. I've cited sources.
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Maybe that is the reason.

CANADA POST SITTING ON MILLIONS OF PACKAGES FROM CHINA

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/User-to-User-Help/CANADA-POST-SITTING-ON-MILLIONS-OF-PACKAGES-FROM-CHINA...

I know this has not been verified, but It does make a lot of sense. since the problems started I always felt it was canada post's fault...just a hunch...

We should definitely look into these claims, make complaints at Canada post and advise that the info will be posted all over the social medias if not resolved or answered. this makes me so mad! Canada post has a history in wanting more for less work. Not even counting the amount of strikes they started just in the last few years, this could be their way of sticking it to us without us knowing.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."
Abraham Lincoln

What you can believe is what has been published by reputable news sources like the Globe and Mail. This isn't a mail processing problem, it's a customs inspection delay.

Google the search term 'Chinese Mail Fentanyl' and you'll see that lettermail from China now has to be inspected by incoming Canadian Customs for toxic illicit drugs being smuggled into Canada by Chinese drug cookers. Fentanyl is killing Canadian habitual and recreational drug users in record numbers. Two grains the size of table salt granules is enough to kill people and it's making its way into even street pot. First Responders run the risk of dying from overdose when they are accidentally exposed to it while answering crisis calls. It's a serious problem that supersedes the inconvenience of online shopping package delivery delays.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/investigations/a-killer-high-how-canada-got-addicted-tofentany...
Message 15 of 31
latest reply

dibltd
Community Member

As i read many comments the waiting time is because of the Canadia customs which to be verified because the tracking number says the items left China to next airport or seaport. I am having the same problem as yours i am waiting for 6 items for one month and a half. which kills the eBay experience. Mabe it became a Policy doing it on purpose so people get annoyed and start paying full price in the canadian market to pay more tax.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Don't take my word for it, read any one of the dozens of stories online about it. In fact, you can start with the piece in the Globe cited above. 

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

"Mabe it became a Policy doing it on purpose so people get annoyed and start paying full price in the canadian market to pay more tax."

Would you care to explain that?

Whose policy might that be in your theory?

How many Canadian ebay sellers do you see changing sales tax on their ebay items? One per cent? Maybe two per cent of sellers add it at checkout?

You're more likely to pay import taxes on anything brought into Canada above the $20 de minimus than you are to find a Canadian seller on ebay who actually makes enough selling here to warrant charging sales tax. 

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Yes, my mind has conjured many like theories on why my purchases from China take so long these days also. What enforces

my thoughts is that Ebay has done little to provide information/updates and what happened to that customs petition

that they were going to present anyway? Bet it fell flat or never got presented. Ninety percent of the shipping time is spent

sitting in Canada customs and Canada Post which they will blame on the Fentanyl issue, or overwhelming mail volume, or China not paying fair share of international mail charges because it is still labelled a "developing nation" or strike action, etc. There is always something isn't there. Case in point, how quickly Canada Post jumps on natural disasters to blame

on slower delivery. And because they are government organizations, they are naturally bloated and inefficient with poor productivity.

Don't even try to tell me Canada Post is not a government organization.

"oh, so negative.", someone will comment. Actually, neither negative or positive.....just factual. But on a positive note, the last

few packages I have recieved from China have been managing to squeak in here just under one month. Imagine that, and to

Atlantic Canada at that. Things will probably be a bit better until September again.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

For whatever the true reason really is, the eBay China to Canada shipping connection has become a complete disaster! As I'd mentioned in another thread on the subject, I contacted Canada Post a few weeks ago and was informed that the majority of items being shipped from China to Canada are received through Vancouver, and that there is currently a '5 week backlog' at that particular terminal. 

The last item that I received (just last week), shipped from China, took 10 weeks to arrive to me. The previous 3 items took over 14 weeks to arrive!!!!! It's obviously a big problem for consumers, and it's clear that eBay doesn't really care about it at all.

I for one will not order any items shipped from China anymore, and as a result of this annoying experience I've completely lost my desire to shop on eBay overall. 

Message 20 of 31
latest reply