Slow or lost shipping from China to Canada?

klejoh0
Community Member

I have an item from China to Canada, up to date, shipping 75 days, not yet received.  mostly like lost?

I ordered 3 items on Apr 24, 2016, but up to date, none of them arrived.

Before I seldom had so slow shipping.  I don't why the shipping is so slow recently?

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

marnotom!
Community Member

There's some good posts on this subject on this thread which is currently about two-thirds the way down this page:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/China-to-Canada-getting-longer/m-p/327579

Message 2 of 81
latest reply

This is not the right question.

The question is: How do I get a refund?

Go to the Paypal Resolution Centre, because you have passed eBay's deadline for a dispute.

PP hides the Resolution Centre under Tools on the top line of your account.

Open an Item Not Recieved Dispute.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller.

• If you have already done this go on to the Claim.
  • If you have not done this, ask him the date and service of the shipment as well as the tracking number. This is not useful in the claim. Do NOT allow the seller to send you a replacement. It will not arrive either. This is only a courtesy notice to the seller.

If the seller cannot prove DELIVERY (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the item shows up after you have been refunded, which might happen, maybe, from time to time, you can return the refund by using Paypal's Send Money service.

From Asia 30 days is the normal time for delivery. You only had 60 days to leave feedback on eBay to warn other buyers.

not yet received.  mostly like lost?

More likely never sent at all. An all too common scam.

Message 3 of 81
latest reply

I ordered 6 items from China on February 6th.  One was received within 6 weeks, the remainder were refunded at my request.  I had to open cases in the resolution Centre for 2 of those, as the sellers tried to drag things on - I have not yet received those purchases.  It's possible they were never sent.  Monday I received one item, and yesterday another item. I have requested PayPal invoices from the sellers. That leaves one that may yet arrive (or 3 if the sellers reluctant to refund just honestly believed that the items would arrive).

Interestingly, the manager at our tiny village Post Office told me yesterday that she had just received an item from China that she also ordered in February, and that this week our local PO received about 5 times the usual amount of packages from China, many seemed to have been sent in February and March. 

Message 4 of 81
latest reply

klejoh0
Community Member

Tonight, none of them has arrived.

One of the item has a tracking number and the latest information shown is

04 May 2016 10:15:00AMItem Arrived at VancouverCanada

so, the item should arrive in Canada, but not deliver to my home.  I checked with Canada Post, no result.  Where is it now?

I am so confused!

Message 5 of 81
latest reply

@klejoh0 wrote:

Tonight, none of them has arrived.

One of the item has a tracking number and the latest information shown is

04 May 2016 10:15:00AMItem Arrived at VancouverCanada

so, the item should arrive in Canada, but not deliver to my home.  I checked with Canada Post, no result.  Where is it now?

I am so confused!

Did you read the thread I suggested a few posts ago?  There's some stuff posted in it that's related to your experience.

Message 6 of 81
latest reply

klejoh0
Community Member

Finally, I got the goods I urgently need, but not from China.  I ordered the same goods from  UK  buyer, although the price is  over triple  in addition with more shipping fee, it arrived  a week after shipped.  

Message 7 of 81
latest reply

It is possible that the Chinese seller never had any goods to ship.

It is really easy to sell at a low price when you don'thave to shipany goods.

Message 8 of 81
latest reply

Item NOT received on delivery date after 65 days.
Ebay Feedback option expired after 60 days
Delivery date set by seller exceeded 60 days.
Resolution center : refund request option NOT available !

Whats next , any idea ?

Message 9 of 81
latest reply

Yi Wu China to Montreal

Whats next , any idea ?

Message 10 of 81
latest reply

@layton405 wrote:

Whats next , any idea ?

The seller does not set the delivery date, eBay does, based on the seller's stated handling time.  No matter what that date is, you ALWAYS have 30 days after the LAST delivery date to file a claim on eBay. 

Did you try to file a claim using the RESOLUTION CENTER  link (bottom of page) for an ITEM NOT RECEIVED? 

Feedback doesn't matter, not really, so don't worry about it.  It does not affect the seller and buyers don't seem to read it.  Did you? 

If you have passed eBay's claim date, go to the Resolution Center in your PayPal account.  It is under TOOLS.  You have 180 days from when you PAID to file a PayPal claim for ITEM NOT RECEIVED. 

If you don't have a PP account and you paid by credit card, call the Customer Service number on your card statement and tell them what the item was, the amount, the seller ID, and say you need a chargeback for ITEM NOT RECEIVED. 

See?  You have options. 

Message 11 of 81
latest reply

Next day after delivery date .
Resolution center : refund request option MISSING !
Request a refund "button" has been there for years.
NOT THIS TIME !
Item number NOT FOUND.
Purchase in My ebay-> summary = purchased item disappeared !
NON EXISTENT !

(new reality new ebay lows)

Message 12 of 81
latest reply

There really isn't anything "new" as in no longer able to request a refund unless there is something particular about your transaction.  What you have not revealed is the date you paid and the method used (echecks can take 2 weeks to clear, whereas credit card funds are instant).  That can make a difference in the delivery time.  

But getting to it, if you use the RESOLUTION CENTER link at the bottom of the page,  

PG BOTTOM.jpg

If you click it you should be asked to start the process, then click continue, 

NOT RECEIVED.jpg

The next page asks you to pick the item.  Click the one that has not arrived.  

SELECT ITEM.jpg

Are you able to get this far?  Is your item here?  Because after you pick it, you should see one of 3 messages.  Either the delivery time is still running and you need to wait, so if this is the message you do nothing.

ON THE WAY.jpg

Or this one but you were looking for this option and it is not there.  

REFUND.jpg

What do you see instead?  Do you get the message saying the time has passed?  All that means is you now have to go to PayPal.  Either that or your credit card.  Did you get the "time's up" message?

TOO LATE.jpg

Or is the item not available at all?  If it is not there anywhere at all and nowhere to be seen, it could be that the item has been pulled and the seller removed from eBay.  You can still get your money back however.  If you have a PayPal account go there, that would be easiest.  Or again, your cc company.  

You might want to call eBay and tell them about it, because even a listing that has been pulled should still be available so you can get a refund, although I think the whole lot gets removed along with the seller.  

Use the CONTACT link at the bottom of these Resolution Center pages and phone to find out.  It's a free call, you just have to put the time into it.  No one here can give you your money.  We are all just other users trying to help each other out.  You may as well let eBay know you are not happy.  

CONTACT US.jpg

Message 13 of 81
latest reply

@layton405 wrote:

NOT THIS TIME !
Item number NOT FOUND.
NON EXISTENT !

Exactly the same thing happened to me recently. But I followed a process similar to what i.am.vivian posted above, and I was able to start a dispute. I got my refund right away.

I still don't understand why my purchase COMPLETELY disappeared from my Purchase History. eBay is doing something very, very strange here. If I were a cynical person, I might speculate that there were a lot of refunds being processed for that seller based on other purchases not recieved, and eBay clued into this and "hid" other purchases likely to never arrive. Good thing I am not a cynical person!!  😉

Message 14 of 81
latest reply

After 60 days most eBay transactions, successful or not, are deleted.

With over 140 million listings daily, there is no economical way to keep the information available. And since both the Dispute and the Feedback deadlines have passed there is no other reason to keep them available.

This is NOT IMPORTANT because the transaction is still in your Paypal account.

Find the transaction in your Paypal purchases.

Copy the transaction number.

Go to the PP Resolution Centre (under Tools at the top of your PP account page).

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

You have already tried to contact the seller so skip that suggestion (it's not a command, it's a suggestion) and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) YOU WILL BE REFUNDED.

Paypal allows 180 days (nearly six months) from payment for disputes. 

Message 15 of 81
latest reply

Please don't blame or require refund from the Chinese sellers.

The reason why packages take over 2 months to arrive, it's because of the Canada Border (CBSA) agency.  They block the packets for weeks for inspection and I wonder if they tape back small packages or if they simply threw them to the garbage. 

You can complain at   http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html 

Message 16 of 81
latest reply

The seller chooses the shipping service.

The seller chose to use a slow cheap service.

The seller is responsible for the service he chose, even though he cannot control how smoothly the service works.

If the customer doesn't get her item, she deserves a refund.

It's not her responsibility to choose the service -- which by the way she paid for (including Free Shipping which just means the cost of shipping in included in the asking price).

If the item shows up later, the buyer can return the refund by using Paypal's Send Money service.

The buyer has the seller's email address, after all.

Message 17 of 81
latest reply

@dh024 wrote:

@layton405 wrote:

NOT THIS TIME !
Item number NOT FOUND.
NON EXISTENT !

Exactly the same thing happened to me recently. But I followed a process similar to what i.am.vivian posted above, and I was able to start a dispute. I got my refund right away.

I still don't understand why my purchase COMPLETELY disappeared from my Purchase History. eBay is doing something very, very strange here. If I were a cynical person, I might speculate that there were a lot of refunds being processed for that seller based on other purchases not recieved, and eBay clued into this and "hid" other purchases likely to never arrive. Good thing I am not a cynical person!!  😉

I have not found that my transactions disappear from Purchase History. Your PH is for the past 60 days unless you select to view them for 2016, 2015 etc..

Message 18 of 81
latest reply

SAME THING HAPPENING TO ME ORDERED FIRST DEC 2016 ITEMS SHIPPED AND ARRIVED IN CANADA BY 20 DEC SO THE TRACKING INFORM ME. NOW IT IS THE 20 JAN 2017 AND STILL NO DELIVERY. OUT OF 13 ITEM ORDERED ON EBAY AT SAME TIME 6 HAVE ARRIVED 2 FROM USA LOCATION AND 4 FROM CHINA, 3 FROM THE TRACKING NUMBER INFO ARE IN CANADA BUT WAITING DELIVERY, 4 IN THE MAIL SOME WHERE. NO TRACKING INFO. I ORDERED 4 ITEMS FROM AMAZON AND DELIVERY IN 2 WEEK AND SOME IN ONE WEEK COMING FROM THE SAME COUNTRY CHINA & FREE DELIVERY, ORDERED FROM ALIEXPRESS 10 ITEMS SAME TIME PERIOD ALL ORDERS WERE DELIVER IN TWO WEEKS ALL FROM CHINA AND ALL FREE DELIVERY. SO WHY IS EBAY SO SLOW ON THE DELIVERY AND THE WAY SELLER ARE TALKING ON THE FORUM CUSTOMER ARE NOT BUYING FROM EBAY MUCH, SALE ARE TANKING OR GOING DOWN. IF YOU SELL THE ITEM AND CAN'T DELIVER IT OR SLOW DELIVERY, THE NEXT TIME THE CUSTOMER WILL NOT BUY ON YOUR WEB SITE AND YOUR COMPETITION WITH BETTER DELIVER SERVICE WILL TAKE YOUR CUSTOMERS AWAY. EBAY AWAKE UP OR EBAY WILL GO THE WAY OF THE GOONEY BIRD. 

Message 19 of 81
latest reply

I couldn't read all those caps, but I gather you have not received some items you paid for.

EBay gives you a last estimated date for delivery.

If that date passes without your item(s) arriveing, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute for each item.

One by one.

You will need the transaction number for each Dispute.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller.

That's a suggestion,not a command.

The contact should be, when was it shipped? what service did you use? what is the tracking number?

You may already have this information.

Not important. The point is to get a response or better yet a refund from the seller(s).

If you do not get a refund, escalate to a Claim by asking eBay to step in.

This is all part of the robotic claims system. Talking to a human being will mess up and slot down the system.

If the seller cannot show DELIVERY (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Message 20 of 81
latest reply