Stuck in cleared customs

Hi everyone,

This is my first ever post in ebay.

I bought a motherboard back in Nov 16, 2020, everything was going smoothly until it hit the phase "custom cleared", now to be honest I got a refund, but the seller told me that he didn't block the package so I should still receive it, I called Purolator, intelcom express with no help whatsoever, moreover when I go to Pitney website the tracking number provided is an intelcom express but the link sends me to Purolator and they can't find the package, do you know anything that can help, the package was sent from the US in destination to Canada :

ebay.png

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Stuck in cleared customs

You bought an item.

The seller used the Global Shipping Program to ship.

The GSP is a Seller Protection Program, and the seller's responsibility for delivery ended when it arrived at the GSP plant in Erlanger KY.

Responsibility for delivery is now with the GSP.

You filed a Not Received Dispute and were refunded.

It's not your item anymore, since you didn't pay for it.

It belongs to the GSP, which refunded you, and which is entitled to keep the motherboard rather than send it on.

GSP does sell some "undeliverable" or "unexportable" goods in auction, through a Kentucky liquidator.

until it hit the phase "custom cleared",

"Customs documentation and labelling" actually happens in Kentucky and then the truckload of assorted goods passes through the border "in bond" and turned over to Canada Post (or sometimes other carriers).

"Cleared customs" means that truck passed CBSA scrutiny of the manifest. The truckload is in Canada. Your motherboard may or may not have been on the truck.

You will never see the motherboard.

Take the refund and buy another one.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Stuck in cleared customs

marnotom!
Community Member

Just out of curiosity, when you contacted Purolator, what code or number did you give them?  I see on the screenshot you provided both edited versions of the PitneyBowes reference number (OREUSA...) and the "universal" tracking code (UPAA. . .) that's supposed to take on board all carriers employed by the GSP for the shipment.  

Purolator isn't going to be able to use either of these codes in their database.  When you're taken to the carrier's website through the link on the PitneyBowes tracking page, you should see the carrier's tracking number somewhere.

Having said all that, @femmefan1946 is pretty bang on here: You've received your refund, move on.  I'd say there's still a 50-50 chance you'll receive your item.  However, it could take a while to get its delivery sorted out in wake of the excrement show that was the holiday season.  Get another motherboard and decide what you're going to do with the other one if and when it shows up.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Stuck in cleared customs

Thanks for this very detailed answer, does that mean that if I buy again from the same person the item won't be delivered? his offer is so interesting that I'm willing to risk it again.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Stuck in cleared customs

I gave them an LKU tracking number which belongs to Intelcom express, what puzzles me is that from Pitney's website they redirect me to the Purolator tracker but with an Intelcom express code, if only they gave me a Purolator code that would have made my life a bit easier, but yeah it's how it is, I got the refund but I was more interested in the mobo itself.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Stuck in cleared customs

@abdeben_91 wrote:

Thanks for this very detailed answer, does that mean that if I buy again from the same person the item won't be delivered? his offer is so interesting that I'm willing to risk it again.

Thanks

I don’t think it means that at all.  It sounds like it’s a lost parcel which hopefully wouldn’t happen twice on a row.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Stuck in cleared customs

It should be fine.

The problem seems to be with the carrier the GSP chose to handle the "last mile" delivery.

But you might want to ask the seller to ship directly to you via USPS First Class International Parcel, which is usually the cheapest tracked service.

This might help him.

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

If you decide to do this, reassure him that FCIP is tracked, and of course that you understand he bears no blame for the original loss.

You will, however, be paying the "import fees" (Canadian duty if over $140Cdn and Sales Taxes if over $40Cdn plus $9.95 service charge to Canada Post).

This avoids the GSP which is basically a Seller Protection against loss, delay or damage in transit much of which is covered by the FCIP.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Stuck in cleared customs

Okay, so what happens when you enter the “LKU” tracking number into Intelcom’s tracking site?

https://intelcomexpress.com/en/track-shipment/

Message 8 of 8
latest reply