Toner cartridge HP 17A

rmori7
Community Member

If you have to replace your HP 17A toner cartridge, do buy only original HP item because all those replacement cartridge manufacture by others are pure **bleep**.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toner cartridge HP 17A

rmori7
Community Member

*Bleep* means that they are very bad replacement product.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Toner cartridge HP 17A

rmori7
Community Member

*Bleep* means that they are very bad replacement product.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

If this is about an ebay transaction, you may speak to your seller about your lack of satisfaction with the item you bought.

Or leave a Product Review. 

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

You have 30 days to open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page for an product which is Not As Described.

The suggestion that you Contact the Seller is not a command, but can resolve the problem without involving eBay.

You want a Refund. You do NOT want a replacement.

If the seller does not refund you or if he does not send a return shipping and refund on delivery, you will be refunded.

If 30 days have passed, you can open a Not As Described dispute with Paypal. You have 180 days from payment for this. However, you will be required to pay for return shipping.

If neither works, you can try a chargeback to the credit card you back your Paypal account with.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

All these suggestions were tried without success.

It looks that nobody knows the LEGAL WARRANTY.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

No acceptance from the seller and the international shipper.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

The seller has NO CHOICE in accepting an item not as described return; it’s under the eBay MoneyBack Guarantee.
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

marnotom!
Community Member

It's impossible to tell from your original post if you actually have a problem for which you're needing advice, or if you're subtly trying to promote HP's Instant Ink service.

I suspect the lack of success you've had so far in obtaining a refund from the seller is due to communication issues.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

I also didn't know if this thread was a complaint about an eBay transaction or just advise about ink cartridges. I do agree that it is best to buy the official Ink Cartridges for your printer HP or Canon or whatever brand you have.  Twice in the past I tried to save money by buying non name brand generic ink cartridges on eBay and both times the experience was not satisfactory.  The first time several of the cartridges leaked in transit and I received a soggy mess. The second time from a different seller they arrived okay but leaked after a few days of use and I ended out junking my printer. Since then I have always gone to a major retailer and bought the genuine item. 

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

I have a big problem: 2 toner cartridges from Pitney Bowes are beside my printer not working as it should be without the possibility of being refunded.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

Pitney Bowes sold you generic ink refills?

Open a Not as Described Return case with your seller; the seller is found under your Purchase History. It’s likely not Pitney Bowes; that’s not the function they would have fulfilled in a Global Shipping Program case.
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

Also, none of us will be able to offer specific advice on how to resolve this unless you provide specific details on how this all went wrong.
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

OK so you bought The Thing from a US (or less likely UK) seller.

It was shipped through the Global Shipping Program.

It was not satisfactory.

You complained to the seller.

What was the problem?

The seller did not send return shipping and refused to refund.

Did you then ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim?

If the seller has not sent return shipping nor a refund, eBay will refund you and go after him for their money.

EBay will not refund you the Canadian duty and Sales Tax nor will it refund the GSP service fee, none of which are paid to eBay or the seller.

How close am I?

If you went to Paypal, having failed to get a refund through eBay, you have 180 days from payment to Dispute.

You do have to send the Thing back on your own dime though.

If you do that, you should mark the returned Thing as Returned Merchandise.

And go to the GSP for the duty and sales taxes you paid them to pay. (This is where it gets complicated.)

There are some pretty good replacement cartridge dealers in Canada, and domestic problems are easier to sort out than international ones.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

One slight adjustment: “EBay will not refund you the Canadian duty and Sales Tax nor will it refund the GSP service fee, none of which are paid to eBay or the seller.” All fees paid are refunded if the item is SNAD but not if it’s a Remorse Return. (We asked Tyler at eBay to clarify this for us last year.) The buyer does get a full refund for Not as Described cases even when it’s a Global Shipping Program transaction. Including all fees paid to Pitney Bowes.

To the Original Poster: I’m guessing your seller tried to flub off responsibility for this but it doesn’t matter, open your Return case for Not As Described if the parts don’t work.

There are a dozen users here willing to help you but you have to give us something to work with. We’re piecing things together on conjecture.
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

Thanks for the clarification @momcqueen.  I was puzzled about that.

I knew that without the GSP being involved, the importer /buyer has to go to CBSA to get a refund on duty and taxes, but there the importer/buyer paid the import fees herself. 

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

The 2 toners were purchased more than 6 months ago, put on a shelf until needed and were printing marks ont the right edge of the page. So, E-Bay and PayPall do not accept my claim.

The only power I have is LEGAL WARRANTY but the seller does not accept my claim and the shipper does not answer to my claim. Both cartridges are defective and were tested against an original HP toner with no marks. So my printer isnot defective.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

No, if more than six months have passed, your guarantees have expired; there are limits to the passage of time for claims on any and all marketplace. What is the ‘legal warranty’ to which you refer?
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

I bought a home A/C with a 6 years warranty and a 20 years expected life. When I got a leak on the evaporator in year 9, I have requested a full replacement of the evaporator under the legal warranty because it fails before the product expected life, and I got it under the legal warranty. In my case both toner cartridges fail at page 1 on an expected life of 1600 pages. So the Canadian E-Bay should respect the legal warranty and refund the defective items.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

Can you show me where the ‘legal
Warranty’ is written, please?

Is it possible that sitting unused for six months is the cause of the refill fail?

I fully sympathize with your predicament but you’re not going to get any satisfaction unless you contact the MANUFACTURER of this product if you’re trying to claim a warranty. Retailers don’t provide warranty work unless you buy an add-on package.

Who is the manufacturer? Not your seller? Not the carrier.
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Toner cartridge HP 17A

@momcqueen, I think this page has basic information on the "legal warranty" that @rmori7 is referring to.

https://www.educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/legal-warranty-automatic-protection-consumers

I'll be back in a bit with a few more thoughts.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply