Tracking Number Link Vanished / Disappeared

dinalfos
Community Member

I recently purchased a Sonic-Fusion. I was checking the tracking every day, because I am hoping it arrives before Christmas.

I am in Canada, I ordered it from USA on the 8th. I have been checking tracking every day. Today I go to check and there is simply no tracking link now. I was using Firefox, but have since tried edge and chrome, still no link.

The estimated delivery time has not changed.

Am I insane? Did I imagine checking it 3 days straight? Because I know Ebay is kinda chintzy these days, but this just seems arbitrary...

I did not copy the number down. But from now on I suppose I will be...

PS where the **bleep** is Dark Mode? has been a standard feature on good websites for like 5 years, and in 2020 every website worth a dime has a **bleep**ing DARK MODE. Yet Ebay can't seem to pull it off taking 10% cut of the millions of deals that happen every day on here.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@dinalfos wrote:

I recently purchased a Sonic-Fusion. I was checking the tracking every day, because I am hoping it arrives before Christmas.

I am in Canada, I ordered it from USA on the 8th. I have been checking tracking every day. Today I go to check and there is simply no tracking link now. I was using Firefox, but have since tried edge and chrome, still no link.

The estimated delivery time has not changed.

Am I insane? Did I imagine checking it 3 days straight? Because I know Ebay is kinda chintzy these days, but this just seems arbitrary...

I did not copy the number down. But from now on I suppose I will be...

PS where the **bleep** is Dark Mode? has been a standard feature on good websites for like 5 years, and in 2020 every website worth a dime has a **bleep**ing DARK MODE. Yet Ebay can't seem to pull it off taking 10% cut of the millions of deals that happen every day on here.

When you go to your purchase history are you able to click on Purchase Details....View Order Details...Show Additional Actions.....Show Shipping Details?

I was able to do that for a recent purchase from early last month and details displayed.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@dinalfos wrote:

Did you receive any sort of tracking information or link in any purchase confirmation emails?

Having said that, how does checking the tracking daily make any difference to whether or not your item arrives before Christmas?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Tracking is a Seller Protection. It protects sellers against unwarranted Claims of non-delivery.

It costs buyers more for tracked shipping, but offers no advantages. Tracked packages do not move faster, nor are they treated more gently than non-tracked.

The Buyer Protection is eBay's Money Back Guarantee which is first based on the delivery window you were given.

Has the last date eBay estimated for delivery passed? If not, mark it on your calendar and relax.

If it has, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.  If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, not tracking, delivery) you will be refunded.

If you are concerned about porch pirates or other loss in the mail, talk to your local PO about FlexDelivery, which leaves only a Notice in your mailbox rather than the purchase itself.  The carrier does not bring the purchase to your door, you have to pick it up.

It's like having a PO box, but the service is free (except for the lineup-- at this time of year, bring a book to read while you wait.)

Message 4 of 4
latest reply