US seller's need to start leaving feedback for buyers upon payment as per eBay guidelines

jawzzy
Community Member

I'm not looking to start a new debate on this, but for myself, from now on when a lazy US seller doesn't have the time to leave me my feedback (which eBay TOLD ME should be done as soon as payment is complete from the buyer), I'm no longer going to chase them for it, and I'm just not going to leave them theirs anymore. I ALWAYS get my feedback upon payment from most Asian sellers, but almost never from the US sellers, who mostly say they do it once a month when I do request my feedback, and yet never do. So if you US sellers want your feedback, you should start respecting the eBay buyer more and leave us ours FIRST upon payment. And even if I do finally get my feedback late and then leave my positive feedback, I will only give 1 star in columns. Hopefully more eBay sellers will follow.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

US seller's need to start leaving feedback for buyers upon payment as per eBay guidelines

From eBay feedback policy ------

My trading partner won't leave me feedback. What should I do?

If you've successfully completed a transaction with another eBay member and they haven't left you feedback, it's fine to send a message as a reminder. Remember though, leaving feedback is completely voluntary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Never ask for a feedback, over and over and over again from a buyer.

You, the seller might  get a feedback you did not want...  A NEGATIVE  .....Ouch!

eBay does not use feedback to determine the standing of a seller on eBay..... but a negative does not look good  in a seller's record.

Also...  A seller can only leave a positive feedback for a buyer.  Buyer feedback is not an important reality.  

The leaving of a feedback is a seller's choice OR a buyer's choice....completely voluntary

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

EBay pays no attention to either feedback or DSRs in assessing seller accounts.

Less than 40% of all transactions have ever received FB since I started here in 1998.

Even buyers pay little attention to FB, or we would not see sellers with 95% ratings, which are abysmal, still selling.

If there is an actual problem with the transaction, open a Dispute and get a refund on your purchase.

EBay does track Disputes and will prevent purchases, raise fees, restrict the number and value of listings, or even close accounts of members who constantly open and lose disputes.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

A - Feedback is Voluntary for all Members.

B - Feedback has no "value" other than vanity.

C - As a Buyer, I leave FB when I receive the item and am pleased with my purchase.

D - As a Seller, I only leave FB when the Buyer leaves FB because they are happy with there purchase, and still like to use the FB system to show thanks.

E - Many Members do not use FB, period, I respect that... about 40-45% of my Buyers no longer use FB truth be told it's a "reclic" of the late 20th C. and bit like Cable TV we just cannot let them go...

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

and of course as US sellers, this is what's wrong with your views on the FB system and your lack of respect for your buyers.....you don't care!!! . Asian sellers on the other hand put GREAT value in their FB ratings, and show it by supporting it and their buyers. I NEVER have a problem getting a resolution from an Asian seller, but trying to get one from a US seller usually proves to be a difficult endeavor.   

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@jawzzy wrote:

and of course as US sellers, this is what's wrong ...

All the sellers that replied to your post so far, are Canadian sellers.

As a Buyer I'm old fashioned enough to leave feedback when I have the item or when a dispute is settled.

As a small boutique level Canadian Seller I leave feedback when the transaction is complete (when the item is in the buyers hands, not when it leaves mine). 

-..-

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

"and of course as US sellers, this is what's wrong with your views on the FB system and your lack of respect for your buyers.....you don't care!!!"

FEEDBACK IT IS NOT OBLIGATORY!

But, since 2001 I have leftover 11,962 Feedback for members...

And that is the problem with you, your ignorance about what FB is and is NOT and the people you are are calling US SELLERS. 

How many FB have you left, sweetie?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:
...How many FB have you left ...

Original Poster (OP) has left more feedback than they have received.

Congrats to the OP on their September 20 year anniversary of being on eBay (before eBay Canada existed).

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

until recently I have left feedback for 100% of my purchases, but I'm tired of having to track down mine all the time, so now my new policy.  

and sounds like you are one of the good US sellers being brought down by the rest of the LAZY (FB is not mandatory excuse) ones. Keep up the good work!!!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

If it bothers you that much than don’t leave feedback until a seller leaves it for you.....easy solution!  

I actually leave feedback for a buyer as soon as I have mailed the item as I don’t see any point in waiting. But as a buyer on my other ID, I don’t really pay attention if and when a seller leaves me feedback as it doesn’t benefit me in any way.  Yes, it’s nice if they leave it as a ‘thank you for your business’ gesture but I am more concerned about getting the item that I ordered in the advertised condition than I am in collecting feedback.  

Just as a FYI...this a Canadian discussion board so the replies you are receiving are from Canadian sellers. US sellers tend to post n the US boards, not on the .ca ones.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

68354091-canada-map-with-canadian-flag.jpg

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

and as stated, that's what I'm now doing, leaving it once I get mine.  

so GO CANADA GO, and enough said!  

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Kinda late to the party, but I do wonder why the OP is so concerned about amassing feedback, particularly as sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers, which just waters down its usefulness to a numbers game.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

For a time I had the Mystoresmap feature added to my listings. In hindsight it was more of a novelty than anything else. The thought behind it would be that it may cause traffic from other areas you haven't shipped to in the past. The billing is per month based on your feedback total. When I hit 1500 feedback I cancelled. I figured it wasn't worth the additional cost. By current projections I shouldn't reach 3000 feedbacks until the year 2097/98 or when heck freezes over. Whichever happens first. With feedback being more of a surprise, when you do receive the next increase to use would be extremely slow or until they decide on another method for billing that works better for them. Feedback has become a dinosaur in the overall scheme of things.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

FEEDBACK is now used by buyers, as a hammer, over the sellers. They cannot receive negatives, so use the threat of same, to advantage. Leaving negatives over issues he creates. not paying for a $1 item. EBay should be BANNING these people, as well as bad sellers!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

You have left the same comment on multiple threads. Why? It adds nothing to the discussion and is tiresome.
Message 16 of 16
latest reply