USPS glitch?

I just bought an item, it hasn't shipped yet, however the method of shipping seems to be USPS however both me and the seller are within Canada, is this a glitch?   

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

USPS glitch?

marnotom!
Community Member

USPS shipping is an option for items listed on eBay.com but not eBay.ca.  eBay.com does not offer sellers the option of listing Canada Post as a shipping method.

Is the currency of the listing US dollars?  If so, that's a sign that it's been listed on the .com site.

Your seller may sell mostly to the US and has set up his or her listings to make them more attractive to US buyers.  In addition, your seller may have found a way to purchase postage from USPS and ship his/her items from a US location.

I wouldn't worry about it.  The main thing in the long run is whether or not you get your item.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

USPS glitch?

Some Canadian sellers use Canadian shipping companies like chitchatexpress to take their shipments across the border to use cheaper USPS rates.

And some new sellers don't understand that if they are listing on the US site, but using Canada Post, they are supposed to use the Shipped from an International Location rate card.

But for the buyer it is not important. Just note the date eBay gives you as the last estimated delivery date and relax.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply