USPS what

2021204.jpg

October 9, 2021, 8:39 am
Arrived
LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES
Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES on October 9, 2021 at 8:39 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

October 3, 2021, 3:33 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

October 3, 2021, 8:39 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility

October 3, 2021, 8:39 am
Arrived at Regional Facility

September 29, 2021, 11:17 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

September 29, 2021, 11:17 am
Customs Clearance
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) 

September 27, 2021, 11:49 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

September 27, 2021, 11:49 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

September 27, 2021, 10:34 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
TORRANCE, CA 90501 

September 26, 2021, 6:14 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
TORRANCE, CA 90501 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

USPS what

marnotom!
Community Member

There's another recent post about USPS tracking info being awry.  The fact that your item shows an unknown destination as well as customs clearance in Los Angeles when it doesn't need to clear US customs is a smoking gun for me.

98% of the time we don't need to track our purchases and they arrive just fine, but if you really do need to track yours, try entering the tracking number on the Canada Post website for grins and giggles.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

USPS what

@marnotom!  I believe that there are "pre-clearance" stops for Canada (and possibly other countries) that are within the USA.

One easy example would be the pre-clearance done by GSP in Kentucky which then apparently puts all the Canada -bound parcels on a single manifest and sends everything in one truckload up to Mississauga.

And in this case the purchase goes from the LA  Distribution Center (27/9)  to Customs Clearance (29/9) to LA International Distribution Center (3/10).

And then took another six days to move from the Center to the LA airport.

Making Canada Post's efficiency look good.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

USPS what

@reallynicestamps wrote:

@marnotom!  I believe that there are "pre-clearance" stops for Canada (and possibly other countries) that are within the USA.

One easy example would be the pre-clearance done by GSP in Kentucky which then apparently puts all the Canada -bound parcels on a single manifest and sends everything in one truckload up to Mississauga.

I'm kinda doubting that.  It would have to be U.S. Customs and Border Protection doing this "pre-clearance" then, but I really don't think they'd be doing the work of the Canada Border Services Agency when they have their hands full dealing with stuff and people coming into the United States.  This item stays in the mail system throughout its journey, unlike an item handled by the GSP.

@reallynicestamps wrote:

And in this case the purchase goes from the LA  Distribution Center (27/9)  to Customs Clearance (29/9) to LA International Distribution Center (3/10).

And then took another six days to move from the Center to the LA airport.

Making Canada Post's efficiency look good.

I'm betting that "customs clearance" was actually done in Richmond or Mississauga.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply