WHY AM I BESIEGED WITH HITLER STAMPS WHEN I TURN ON EBAY?

I am absolute frustrated and very irate with Ebay. Every time I go to Ebay to search for stamps, I am immediately flooded with Nazi and Hitler stamps as "MY Match". I cannot tell you how UGLY this is. I intend to search for U S stamps, ending soonest. I have no interest nor ever had in German stamps. My father at age 13 was taken to a concentration camp. His family was annihilated by the Nazis. Just because I am Polish, does Ebay believe I might have an interest in Nazi propaganda. Quite on the contrary! I loath the fact Ebay can offer Hitler/Nazi stamps, but will not allow old Cuba stamps. Does Ebay share favorable sentiments with the former Social Party of Germany? What is the explanation?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: WHY AM I BESIEGED WITH HITLER STAMPS WHEN I TURN ON EBAY?

Just close your eyes and don't look at those stamps that offend you .Ebay is too busy making money ,not a political stance.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

At some point it is likely you did look up similar stamps, perhaps to check out a dealer or to see what is being said about them. Or perhaps you were researching other German Reich stamps of the era. But I agree this could be anything from annoying to traumatic.

I get lots of listings for teeny tiny lingerie from a designer whose jewelry I have purchased in the past.

Do you find eBay with a bookmark? Try this.

Go to your feedback page, Bookmark it.

Now. Log out, go to your original eBay bookmark and delete it.

When you go to eBay in the future it will take you to your feedback page, with all your sellers and buyers saying nice things about you. A happier result, I hope.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This is not about politics, nor is it about Nazism, people are just selling an item from a very important time period in the history of the world, Hitler happens to be on the stamp as he was the the leader of Germany at that time. I truly do not believe these stamps being collected or sold have anything to do with endorsing a political agenda. We have a great present time example, pardon the word great. But when Sadaam Hussein was ousted out of Iraq the interest in the Sadaam Hussein historical items became very collectible. By the way did most not celebrate his execution? I think they even sold T shirts about it here on Ebay. It seems to be about what is collectable and saleable....bottom line.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As I understand it, some of the post office income from Hitler head stamps actually went to Adolf himself. Which is ... unusual.

There are a lot of the stamps around because many were 'liberated' as souvenirs by the Allied soldiers.

And while most would be a normal part of a German stamp collection, they do have a secondary market . We used to joke to those who came into the shop convinced they had a valuable and rare commodity that the best place to sell them was in biker bars, after midnight. They are collected by those who collect Nazi memorabilia, some of whom, but probably not most,  are admirers of the era.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Femme for trying to help the OP out. Yes as my name suggests I am a Limey but am of Russian/Polish descent and also have had relatives sent to the camps and would be totally devastated if I saw such stamps. Another poster said just "close your eyes" - unfortunately it's not as easy as that. Hope Femme's suggestion works for the OP!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply