'We have sent you an email requesting further information to allow us to investigate your claim'

toddjy
Community Member

Ebay put my case on hold and said they would send me an email with documentation but I didn't get the email yet? All I got was a "Feedback about customer" service email.. How long does it take to get that email if anyone may know?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

'We have sent you an email requesting further information to allow us to investigate your claim'

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @toddjy - was this for an item you purchased? It sounds as though you may have gotten some general messaging in regards to the return. Have you had a chance to contact Customer Service to ask them for more detail?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

toddjy
Community Member

Hey,

I have bought a defective unit from a seller and we couldn't work it out so I opened a case. Ebay said they have sent me an email with some docs but I didn't get the email yet so I can't finish the case.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Did you end up receiving the email? Same thing happened to me. I could find the eBay email any where...

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@jia-3797 

@toddjy 

Just  to be clear.

You did open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page, right?

The promised email wasn't from some communication with Customer Service, whether by phone, FaceBook or Twitter.

There is a formal Dispute open about your transaction?

From the Resolution Centre?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yeah the case got resolved, the seller never got back to me about the item so eBay gave me the refund and told me to keep the defective unit unless the seller contacts me about it.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply