What next?

mcrlmn
Community Member

I've tried bidding on 8 items in the previous hour; to no avail.

The auction countdown timer constantly freezes, and is incorrect even when counting down.

I've reloaded pages countless times, cleared the cache, restarted my browser, and made several bids at supposedly a minute remaining, only to be greeted with an auction ended notification.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What next?

mcrlmn
Community Member

Countdown timer is now working properly.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Oh dear.

For what it’s worth now, I’ve alwats bid using my mobile device and the eBay app. I’ve found it works better and responds faster than the desktop site. For bidding only. The app I find to be not ideal for studying items as a buyer, nor for ANY aspect of selling. It’s a buying tool, though. If you can, try it this way next time.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Same problem,just started a couple days ago.Missed a few items,should have won.Sellers losing out here as well.
No change in my programing I`m aware of so doubt browser-cache etc. the problem.
Also other info seems to come and go,specifically bid winning info posted at bottom of listing in my ebay.
Any body else?
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

5 days and nothing's improved.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I had the same problem the other day.  Put in my bid but hadn't activated it yet & was watching the timer go down.  I thought I had quite a few seconds left & found out the auction was already over & I missed out on the items. Another glitch to add to the many that are happening on eBay lately.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Another reason auctions are dying on eBay.

Bid earlier.

Bid once.

Bid your maximum.

If someone else bids more, he paid too much,

What a sucker.

Or.

Use the Buy It Now option.

Or make an offer to the seller, even if that is not an option. He is allowed to end the auction and sell to you.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I actually get my best buys with auctions. I buy large lots of vintage items. And by bidding at the last few seconds I get the cheapest deal. If I put in a bid too early it usually just gets raised up by other buyers especially new ones who get caught up in the frenzy & want the items at any cost.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

by bidding at the last few seconds I get the cheapest deal.

Which is exactly why as a Seller, I don't use Auctions.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

To stay on topic,problem still alive and well as of two minutes ago.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Has anyone called ebay to report that it's broken? The people who work in IT at ebay aren't reading the Community boards in their spare time. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Good advice,just did that.
Was told frst they heard of it but will look into it.
Hope for the best from here.
Nothing worse than the bored juvenile(probably mindset more than age)chips away with minimium bid until they find your cap then dissapear.I`m sure more than one honest seller accused of schill bidding because of these people.That timer can be a good thing.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Countdown timer is now working properly.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply