What's with sellers NOT giving feedback?

elephony
Community Member

When I pay for items in a timely manner and provide accurate shipping information, my job as buyer is done.  The seller should give feedback quickly.  The buyer, on the other hand, should give feedback after receiving the item.  So why am I giving feedback before the seller is, or why do I never get feedback from some sellers??

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: What's with sellers NOT giving feedback?

stormyrains13
Community Member

Is there really a point to leaving a buyer feedback, can a seller refuse to sell to a buyer based on feedback?

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

nhoj99
Community Member

Sounds like a lot of excuses by sellers here!

As the first post stated, if the buyer did his part in a timely fashion then they should have feedback given as soon as practical, period. And the buyer should give honest feedback as soon as they receive there item and validate it. That is how the system is supposed to work as per eBay! Nothing prevents either side from NOT leaving feedback, but then that will cause the system to fail and nobody will sell or buy.

It's as if the seller is holding the buyer ransom. Either you give me good feedback or I'm not giving you any feedback, even though you where a good buyer.

I'm to the point where I  feel like leaving negative feedback for this reason alone! Maybe then sellers will be more willing to give timely feedback.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

eBay's comment about feedback

We know it can be frustrating when you've completed a transaction with another eBay member and they haven't left you Feedback. However, while we really encourage it, we don't require buyers and sellers to leave Feedback. 

The following occurred on eBay.com

Buyer stated in her About Me... that if a seller did not leave feedback first  a negative feedback will be left for the seller.

After about 35 negatives, the buyer was suspended  and learned her lesson.  All negatives were removed

Feedback is voluntary... a reality on eBay....

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

It's as if the seller is holding the buyer ransom. Either you give me good feedback or I'm not giving you any feedback, even though you where a good buyer.

I'm to the point where I  feel like leaving negative feedback for this reason alone! Maybe then sellers will be more willing to give timely feedback.

Well........... I agree that on ebay sellers should leave PFB as soon as the item has been shipped,

Since some buyers value it like you do a seller has everything to gain by leaving PFB quickly.

However, the longer you're on ebay the more you understand that FB is highly over-rated in some ways..................

other than the POWER it has over sellers to make transactions go smoothly.

That is huge and therein lies the value of FB.

I'd like to suggest that you don't leave NFB just because a seller was slow to leave it for you because that would be way to punitive for such a small sin. :).

NFB should be reserved for only the very worst transactions.

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

I had a buyer contact me about something not working, so without them even asking I refunded them 100% of their money with an apology.

A few days later they contacted me saying they took it to a store to have it fixed, they then re-paid me and left a very positive feedback.

Not all buyers are honest as you buyer...

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

FEDBACK - it is such a joke. Oh let us have a group hug with sellers because we bought their merchandise and gave them money.

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

Is the group hug clothing optional ?

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

I buy very little from ebay sellers . Feedback is a joke as I have provided feedback and the seller just ignores the same return of feedback - I pay for my goods in a "very timely," manner.
So ebay sellers keep your goods as there are too many other online opportunities to buy the goods I want.
Message 28 of 33
latest reply

Since Ebay removed the ability of Sellers to leave honest feedback (we can only leave positives) they have rendered it of no value.  As a result I have set up automatic feedback to those that still crave the numbers game.  It is automatic - once you leave feedback it leaves it for you.  I personally could not care less whether I get or receive feedback anymore - since it is completely meaningless.  If you concentrate on just enjoying the hunt and buy what you love to collect (or need) it will make it a much better experience. 

John

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

Zombie thread

Message 30 of 33
latest reply

As a seller I can give you one good example.

As a seller you can not give negative to your buyer and you can't write a response on your buyer's feedback and eBay doesn't care about you. Buyer is important so all policies are to protect them not sellers. Seller based on eBay should obey!

I recently had a costumer trying to buly me with negative feedback in exchange with some refund. I refused to pay him any money and he left me two negatives. Second one for a canceled purchase.
eBay did nothing to protect my reputation and just told me to respect buyer's opinion. Now tell me, should I next time wait for a completed transaction and received feedback from a buyer befor writing down mine feedback or not?
Message 31 of 33
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2012

The problem with zombie threads is that the information may be out of date or inaccurate.

For example, feedback is no longer used by eBay to assess member accounts.

Few buyers understand that any FB score under 98% is probably a poor seller. Fewer actually read the FB.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 33 of 33
latest reply