What would you do?

Hi all. This is my situation, on May 25th I purchased a watch here. The seller had 0 feedback as a seller, but has been a member since 2017, so I thought it was worth it. On the 29th I contacted the seller to inquire if he had sent the package. he said he had not and was having difficulty completing the tranaction, due to limited knowledge. He assurd me it would be fixed very soon. So yesterday I contacted him again asking for a update. when he responds he tells me his best friend just died and to give him a few days. However I am receiving no contact from him unless I write first. At this point I am getting nervous, but I do not wish to harrass the seller if his friend is truly dead. Should I wait? Should I start a dispute? Any suggestions will be helpful.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

What would you do?

First politely ask for a cancellation-- which he can do at Buyer Request with no harm done to you or to himself.

You can ask him to contact you if he decides to put it up once more after he has his head on straight, if you like.

Being old and cynical, I am always doubtful of sob stories.

You can, if he does not promptly cancel, open a Not Received Dispute. He then can either prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) or refund.

If he does not refund voluntarily, eBay will force it. Your payment is still being Held at this point.

A 2017 account with 0 FB and no recent activity might be highjacked, or might be just his first try at downsizing.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

What would you do?

marnotom!
Community Member
What’s the last estimated date for the item’s delivery? Make a note of it and don’t bother contacting the seller until that date. If there’s no response at that point or the response is unsatisfactory, file the dispute.

Maybe also keep an eye on the seller and see if they suddenly lose their registration. I’m suspecting a hijacked dormant account.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

What would you do?

So I am still waiting for the seller to contact me, the package is supposed to arrive on June 9, however, the seller has not shipped the item, nor is he communicating, regardless of promises of regular updates. Terribly frustrating.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What would you do?

On June 10 open an Item not received claim in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of the page.  If the item does not show as received you will be refunded, whether he shipped it or not.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

What would you do?

I normally don't advise opening an item not received claim immediately after the estimated delivery date if the item is on its way but if it hasn't been mailed yet, I would definitely open a case on June 10. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply