Whats the problem with Canada Post???

Just received an item from China, it was shipped Nov.20, 2016!!! Tracking showed arrival in Canada Dec 7(no tracking beyond that point) so exactly 4 months for cp to deliver it. This is happening all the time now- 2, 3 months delivery from China, this one was the longest yet. Up until 6 months ago any item I bought from China arrived in 3-5 weeks and I've bought lots of stuff! Any one else experiencing thesde crazy delays?

I think I know what they are up to: recently many Chinese vendors are offering epacket to Canada- it costs about 4 to 5 bucks for a small item and I tried it.... fast as freakin' FEDEX, about 2.5 weeks I think! So this may be cp's way of saying: cough up $5 for shipping or your stuff is gonna sit in a warehouse for 3 or 4 months! Just a theory.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

that's one of the reason, but there are several reasons for the delay..canada post doesn't get paid what they are owed for forwarding asian mail, then there is the whole drug issues that are huge right now..

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Google the search term 'Chinese Mail Fentanyl' and you'll see the cause of your delay.

Lettermail from China now has to be inspected by incoming Canadian Customs for toxic illicit drugs being smuggled into Canada by Chinese drug cookers. Fentanyl is killing Canadian habitual and recreational drug users in record numbers. Two grains the size of table salt granules is enough to kill people and it's making its way into even street pot. First responders run the risk of dying when they are accidentally exposed to it while responding to crisis calls. It's a major, major problem that supersedes the inconvenience of online shopping package delivery delays. 

Here's one to get you started: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/how-fentanyl-is-getting-through-canadas-border/article2...

There have been dozens of threads about this on ebay Canada Community. I would suggest that until this problem is fixed, you shop from sellers in North America. That's what I do. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Bottom line? 

Don't order from China. I'd much rather pay a few bucks to my American neighbours, than support this import nonsense.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Or the Canadian ones. (Cough cough) 

But I do agree with your thoughts on this. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply