Yet Another Intelcom Complaint

Looks like this isn't anything new, but I'm posting anyway in the hopes that it helps eBay and Pitney Bowes decide to stop dealing with Intelcom for the Global Shipping Program.  

I bought an item, which was to be fulfilled via the GSP. In the past I've had issues (including one case where the courier company admitted my package had been thrown out by the presumably no longer employed driver), but in recent years had no issues. After a long wait, I got the notification that Intelcom had my package and it would be delivered on a specified date. Sure enough I got the notice that it was out for delivery that day. Come around 9 PM I get an email that it had been delivered without a signature, however the proof of delivery showed a package that was clearly not mine (wrong sender address, wrong tracking info, wrong name on the package and wrong unit number in my building, and to cap it off, appeared to be on the ground somewhere not at the entrance to my building). I immediately contacted eBay, and also let the seller know that I was filing a complaint. Checking the next day, my package still shows as "delivered" on eBay, but per the couriers website is "being processed" again. 

What seems abundantly clear is that the courier sent a random photo from a previous delivery to this address so the system will show the package as delivered and thus their duty fulfilled, while they either deliver it later, or don't deliver it at all. Meanwhile I have to go throught the trouble of dealing with customer service about this issue, and my seller, who held up their end of the transaction has their funds put on hold while the issue is being dealt with. Basically the seller, the buyer and even eBay as a company are being screwed because of Intelcom's dishonest policies. Best case I may still recieve my package, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Final update. The package showed up today! I maintain that Intelcom's business practice (or that of the driver, but I think whether mandated or not, the motivation is immaterial) of sending a fake delivery notification to fulfill their obligation on time is in need of investigation, but I'd rather have what I bought than a refund. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It really comes down to staff, doesn't it?

You should know that the seller is not part of this mess. Their responsibility ended with the delivery to the GSP plant in Kentucky.  I don't understand why their funds would be held up in any way. The GSP is a Seller Protection program and this is part of their protection.

Checking the next day,...the couriers website is "being processed" again.

It's a start. Sigh.

You did the right thing in contacting eBay. Remember that the phone clerks do not work for eBay, and if you don't have a case number from them, you may wish to go to the actuall employees who cover social media.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Usually when there is a Not Received claim, the GSP looks for proof of delivey,and when there is none, refunds the buyer promptly. If the purchase shows up later, the buyer is not asked to return it.

But Intelcom.

So many complaints. And that's just from the Boards which most members never find.

There were very few complaints about delivery when GSP used Canada Post for last mile service.

devon@ebay 

BTW- I actually got a couple of Intelcom shipments this past week. One GSP and one fromThe Bay.Both arrived on time. I was frankly shocked because there are so manycomplaints.

As I said at the beginning. It comes down to staffing.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

You should know that the seller is not part of this mess. Their responsibility ended with the delivery to the GSP plant in Kentucky.  I don't understand why their funds would be held up in any way. The GSP is a Seller Protection program and this is part of their protection.

It's a start. Sigh.

You did the right thing in contacting eBay. Remember that the phone clerks do not work for eBay, and if you don't have a case number from them, you may wish to go to the actuall employees who cover social media.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Usually when there is a Not Received claim, the GSP looks for proof of delivey,and when there is none, refunds the buyer promptly. If the purchase shows up later, the buyer is not asked to return it.

But Intelcom.

So many complaints. And that's just from the Boards which most members never find.

There were very few complaints about delivery when GSP used Canada Post for last mile service.

devon@ebay 

BTW- I actually got a couple of Intelcom shipments this past week. One GSP and one fromThe Bay.Both arrived on time. I was frankly shocked because there are so manycomplaints.

Sadly I received a message from the seller telling me that their funds were on hold. I really didn't want to inconvenience them since they fulfilled their part of the transaction. Hopefully when all is resolved they'll have their money and I'll have either my package or a refund. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

It's a start. Sigh.

But Intelcom.

devon@ebay 

@femmefan1946 

@phantomrobot 

devon@ebay 

From my read on Intelcom it really depends on the where an item is going in Canada. Sounds like some areas have great service. Other parts (rural or off the beaten track) not so much. As for their online tracking (when it comes to eBay shipments) once it gets to your village/town/city the information is very basic. It's a good day when it says it will arrive sometime that day. Actually not that helpful when you don't know if you won't be available all day.  I've had much less problems in the past when it's something Amazon. Often if the tentative delivery is delayed for whatever  reason there will be modified information showing.  Several years ago when I was seeing bad information for my eBay Intelcom shipment (It was showing en route to Airdrie from Calgary. (I'm in Calgary). Trying to call the Calgary  was a lost cause. I ended up calling the Red Deer office and actually talked to an agent. They looked into it and determined it was a miss sort. Finally got rerouted and arrived 2 days later. But at least I got it. 

Once anyone has had a bad experience with GSP and Intelcom it tends to scare buyers away. And when they are able to find the info on the board or by doing a search of Intelcom reviews an eBay buyer has little desire to go through that process again. Reddit reviews are a bit more, how shall we say...colourful!!

BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/ca/qc/montreal/profile/express-shipping-services/intelcom-courier-canada-inc-011...

Agreed though on your point when items being handled by CP for last mile. May have been slow(the hand off) but was a MUCH better chance it would end in your mailbox/carded for pick up vs the dash and drop you get with Interlcom. When CP did do to door at least they would ring your doorbell. Something Intelcom has not mastered from my experience. Even when it's marked on the box.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I've noticed that the Intelcom carrier on my route seems to have the same name each time. So I suppose that the company has found an intelligent and sensible worker. I am blessed.

We have no problems with porch dropoff because we have a long driveway and a sheltered spot. Of course, being retired there is a 50/50 chance we are at home.

All of which is sheer good luck.

Overall the company seems erratic. Being a carrier is harder than it looks and I wonder what their standards are.

It's a pity Canada Post doesn't advertise FlexDelivery more. Perhaps they worry that this FREE service would overload staff at POs.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Final update. The package showed up today! I maintain that Intelcom's business practice (or that of the driver, but I think whether mandated or not, the motivation is immaterial) of sending a fake delivery notification to fulfill their obligation on time is in need of investigation, but I'd rather have what I bought than a refund. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Good to hear that your item was delivered intact.  For what it's worth, the Global Shipping Program is being phased out from the .com site (not sure about the UK site) and being replaced by a forwarding scheme that is full of bells and whistles that make it very attractive to US sellers.  I have no idea if Intelcom has any involvement with it, but the 30 kg limit for shipments to Canada suggests to me that Canada Post will have at least some involvement, as other destinations have a 20 kg limit.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

We usually have about two deliveries a day by Canada Post, which seems about right for the amount of mail we are likely to get, and I see the posties passing by fairly often.

But nothing seems to have left or arrived on Vancouver Island for a couple of days.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply