current global shipping ETA’s

m.sou
Community Member
checking in with everyone on what current timelines they’re looking at for their packages going through the dreaded program…from time it arrives in erlanger then delivered locally

my package arrived in erlanger friday, just wondering when i’d actually receive in toronto. haven’t used the program in over a year

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

After many problems buying with sellers that ship via the GSP I have stopped buying

from sellers on this program altogether.  Late, late deliveries, lost in transit, restricted

item so not shipped (they have description "buzz" words that they don't like).  The last

straw was an item I really wanted for my collection.  The tracking had it in Erlanger for

over two weeks with no movement.  Then the seller messaged me saying the package was

returned to him with no explanation.  finis !

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Based on many years selling by mail order, I expect anything mailed in North America to take about 21 days to arrive.

Usually a bit sooner , but 21 days was normal.

This slowed a bit because of COVID, and the shortage of shipping services- no passenger planes flying or long haul buses, both of which also carry cargo including mail.

The only important thing is the estimated date for delivery.

Do NOT watch the sausage being made. Do NOT watch the tracking.

Mark that date on your calendar.

If the purchase doesn't arrive by then, open a Not Received dispute  with eBay.

The seller will not be affected and GSP will refund if they cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery).

GSP is much better about refunds because it's just business to them and they have good insurance.

And they don't want your purchase back when it is delivered. 

So there's that.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@m.sou wrote:

checking in with everyone on what current timelines they’re looking at for their packages going through the dreaded program…from time it arrives in erlanger then delivered locally

my package arrived in erlanger friday, just wondering when i’d actually receive in toronto. haven’t used the program in over a year

What was the estimated time of delivery as stated on the listing page?  I just looked up one listing where the item is being forwarded through the GSP and it stated a delivery time of 17-23 business days which translates into about three-and-a-half to almost five weeks.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@15westcoast wrote:

After many problems buying with sellers that ship via the GSP I have stopped buying

from sellers on this program altogether.  Late, late deliveries, lost in transit, restricted

item so not shipped (they have description "buzz" words that they don't like).  The last

straw was an item I really wanted for my collection.  The tracking had it in Erlanger for

over two weeks with no movement.  Then the seller messaged me saying the package was

returned to him with no explanation.  finis !

My recollection from your past posts on GSP issues is that you buy a lot of items that are problematic to forward through the program or through any sort of forwarding service, period.  It appears that the GSP bot isn't programmed in a sophisticated enough manner to stop these sorts of listings from appearing in international searches.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

aug 26 - sept 3
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

And when did you purchase the item?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

placed order and shipped from seller
aug 16

Aug 20, 2021 6:59pm PDT
Arrived at the Global Shipping Center - Delivered
Erlanger, KY 41018

Aug 20, 2021 6:41pm PDT
Customs Documentation and Labeling
Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501

Aug 20, 2021 6:28pm PDT
Processing at the Global Shipping Center
Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

So four days in the hands of shipper (USPS?).

Arrived in Erlanger Friday evening.

Today is Sunday (22nd)  and the Erlanger plant seems to be closed on Sundays.

It may take another four to 12 days depending on what happens once it gets to Canada.

GSP does not seem to use USPS (and the Black Hole that is Chicago) from KY to Mississauga ON.

And remember your purchase is not travelling alone it will be on a pallet or in a container with a single manifest.
It has already had the customs brokerage step accomplished.

If it takes the full estimated time-- one reason will be the Labour Day holiday in both countries. Umm, no. That will be September 6th, past the last estimated delivery date.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Interesting , as usual, uninformed comments.  I see you have a 

52 Feedback Rating and yet proclaim to be an expert on other

buyer/sellers transactions.  Only two transactions in 6 months on

you account.  You must work for Ebay .

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Sorry, I didn't get the memo.  I'm supposed to be hurt or offended by this post?

I'm just really surprised that if your problems with the GSP are as extensive as you describe that you haven't already worked out a different way of having your items forwarded from the United States.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Read my post !   I don't order on the Global Shipping Program anymore !

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

m.sou
Community Member

looks like i’ve moved to the next step although i don't see any additional tracking id 

Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination
Erlanger, US
Aug 23, 1:20 PM

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

My experience with the GSP has been that there's no tracking code specific to the stretch between Erlanger and the Canadian receiving hub.  My understanding is that items usually travel as freight between those two points.

You probably have some good reasons to keep an eye on the tracking of your item (Perhaps you're going back to school in September and are hoping that your item will reach you before you take off?) but I lost interest in being a tracking geek after a while because I found that closely monitoring my items' tracking didn't make any difference to when and how I received the item.  Keeping an eye on the last estimated delivery date is usually more useful.

Having said that, if you're presently using your "My eBay" for tracking your item, you may be able to get more detailed information on one of Pitney Bowes' tracking sites:

https://tracking.pb.com

https://parceltracking.pb.com

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@m.sou wrote:

looks like i’ve moved to the next step although i don't see any additional tracking id 
Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination
Aug 23, 1:20 PM

My brother (outside Toronto) for his last GSP packages from the USA, figures on it taking about a week once it leaves Kentucky.  Don't expect a tracking update until a day or so before delivery in Canada.

-;-

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

thanks! exactly the info i was looking for 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

My item being shipped to Canada has been sitting in Erlanger for 27 days now....no way to get any updates from anyone.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@deavis1973 wrote:

My item being shipped to Canada has been sitting in Erlanger for 27 days now....no way to get any updates from anyone.

As this thread is almost a year old, it's likely to get shut down to further replies pretty quickly.  If that does happen, feel free to start a new thread about your issue.

First of all, your item may have moved but for whatever reason, the scan information isn't showing up on whatever page you're using to view the tracking.  Check the tracking on one of both the sites mentioned earlier in this thread if you haven't already done so.  There may be more information there.

Second, has the last estimated date of delivery passed?  If so, I would focus on getting your money back through eBay's Money Back Guarantee.  The item might arrive after you receive your refund, but there's no way to repay the Global Shipping Program for the money you've been refunded, so enjoy your freebie if that ends up happening.

Thirdly, is it an item that might be considered problematic to forward to a non-US destination?  There are lists of items that are subject to restrictions and prohibitions for forwarding through the Global Shipping Program.  Unfortunately, they're not exhaustive, but they give some idea of what works and what doesn't.  Click on the "Restricted categories and prohibited items" section on this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/global-shipping-program/default/global-shipping-program?id=4646

Message 18 of 18
latest reply