does it take this long for a package to get to my home city shipping facility with gsp

this is how long it took in junethis is how long it took in june

this is my current shipment which is giving me a headachethis is my current shipment which is giving me a headache

i know. a 3rd post but at this point my package has been stuck on the "shipped from global shipping center to international destination" for about 5-6 days. im hoping it'll come tomorrow but i don't know. what could be taking this long to get from probably toronto to edmonton. according to google maps it should only take a day. if it was like spoke and hub it would show in tracking. with my past gsp shipment in june last year it took about 3 days to get from toronto to edmonton. so then why so long. are they taking like 2 day long stops or something. its been stuck on that status for about 5 days or since january 3rd

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

does it take this long for a package to get to my home city shipping facility with gsp

marnotom!
Community Member

I had a Canada Post Expedited Parcel shipment from December 28 sent off from where I am on Vancouver Island finally reach Kingston, Ontario today(?).  Weather, holiday mail volumes, COVID, the choice of last-mile carrier (hopefully not Intelcom) by the GSP/Pitney Bowes, have probably all had some effect on shipping times.

You admitted yourself on another thread that the shipment is well within the delivery time estimate and you've just been hoping that it would arrive before the first estimated delivery date.

If you've only been tracking your package on eBay, there are a couple of tracking sites Pitney Bowes has that may enable you to find out the "last mile" carrier and perhaps get a bit more detailed info:

https://parceltracking.pb.com/

https://trackpb.shipment.co/track/

Remember, though, watched pots never boil.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

ive used both of those websites and i havent seen anything for a canadian last mile carrier. when i click the carrier page thing it brings me to another pitney bowes tracking website

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It left Erlanger on January 3 and has not been delivered by Sunday January 8?

Or it has not been recorded as arriving in Canada in the three business days that have passed?

What window were you given for delivery?

Has the last estimated date for delivery passed?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

everyone keeps asking me if the last window has passes. it hasn't. though it will pass on friday but tracking hasnt updated at all

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

The tracking not updating is not unusual for a gsp package.   I never check tracking unless something is really late but I know many people have commented on the lack of tracking after the parcel reaches the gsp center.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Don't watch tracking.

If you have problems with deliveries to your home, check with your local PO about the new FREE FlexDelivery service, which is FREE, and allows you to pick up your parcel  FREE without the expense of a postbox.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

my package has updated but its good and bad news. first is that it is with a canadian carrier (guess who) 

the bad news

the carrier is intelcom 😭

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

slower than molasses going uphill in January

2021266.jpg2021265.jpg2021264.jpg2021262.jpg

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@threemints wrote:

my package has updated but its good and bad news. first is that it is with a canadian carrier (guess who) 

the bad news

the carrier is intelcom 😭

@threemints 

Re: Intelcom - My condolences

When you see that parcel has  arrived in your local city, town, village or rural area and is showing out for delivery, my suggestion would be pack a lunch, bring a coffee maker - extra filters, water and coffee/tv +  extension cord to charge your phone and set up camp outside your home/apt/condo/mailbox. Maybe an umbrella in case of rain or heater/sleeping bag if its cold. When your driver does eventually arrive feel free to pass on your concerns for the safety of your parcel and their inability to ring a doorbell or leave a parcel NOT in plain sight. There are no guarantees but inside you will feel warm and fuzzy. Until your next parcel is on the way. 🙄😵😥😴zzzzzzzzzz

Disclaimer: If you've had an awesome past experience with Intelcom please disregard this message. 

-Lotz

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Looks like the customs clearance actually physically happens in Erlanger, but is recorded as happening in Toronto, because the timestamps show Toronto earlier in the day than Erlanger.

I also think that Erlanger is closed on Sundays, because we don't see datestamps on Sundays.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

all but 1 are now in Surrey BC which is just down the road so it was 8 days from ?? toronto? to BC.

So at least it wasnt 8 days wasted cause it should be here today.. via intelcom. not sure how it got to surrey, intelcom or ???

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@leaky-bucket-labs wrote:

all but 1 are now in Surrey BC which is just down the road so it was 8 days from ?? toronto? to BC.

So at least it wasnt 8 days wasted cause it should be here today.. via intelcom. not sure how it got to surrey, intelcom or ???

Sadly or unfortunately the same thing can happen with a CP shipment from Toronto to Calgary. The shipper has little in the way of an explanation for my parcel. And shipping was free so no credit option.  Except maybe in the sellers favour if they choose to persue. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1674137022016.png

-Lotz

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Eight calendar days, six business days.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply