feedback

Hi there, just wanted to know what to do with feedback when item was defective and new one is being sent.   Do I leave Feedback immediately or do I wait for replacement to arrive?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

feedback

When buying, I wouldn't leave feedback until the transaction is complete.  At this point you don't know how it is going to end.

How long has it been since the purchase and where is the seller located?

You can leave feedback 60 days after the transaction so if the seller is overseas, any replacement sent is unlikely to reach you within that time...or it may not arrive at all. Some sellers have been known to stall.  For that reason,when dealing with an overseas seller, I wouldn't agree to a replacement but instead file an item not as described claim.  You can file an item not as described claim in ebay for 30 days after the items arrival if there is tracking. If there is no tracking, you can file for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date. 

If it a seller is closer to you and the replacement is likely to be there shortly, then you should wait until you receive it and can confirm that it is not defective before leaving feedback.   If your seller is overseas and it is close to 30 days after delivery, you might want to file a claim with ebay instead of waiting. You can repay the seller if the item does show up.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

feedback

Can you tell us more about when the replacement is expected to arrive and whether you opened a formal Return with Exchange case via ebay? 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

feedback

That would be my concern too.

If the replacement has not arrived within 30 days of opening the dispute with eBay* don't wait.

Ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim.

Generally, it is not advisable to return an unwanted item for a replacement.

First because there is no reason to believe the replacement will be any better.

Second because a 'replacement' scam is all too common as a way to string along nice trusting buyers until it is too late for a refund.

Did you use tracking on your return?

Remember you also have protection from Paypal and from the credit card  you back your PP account with.

I am old and cynical.

* or 180 days of payment if your dispute was opened through Paypal.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply