purchase from ebay, item didn't arrive 2 months passed, seller refuse to refund

I order something from ebay, 5 weeks passed, nothing show up, contacted seller, was promised to resend item, another 6 weeks passed, still nothing, contacted seller again, request refund, seller said it's more than 2 months so not able to refund. Offer resend again, but I don't trust them again. Sellers trying to play games, ask buyers to wait, promise resend, ask seller to wait for another month until it's too late for buyer to proceed dispute from ebay. Buyers be aware, if you did not receive the item, better ask for refund first, then rebuy it again, so that you won't lost your 45 days period to dispute.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: purchase from ebay, item didn't arrive 2 months passed, seller refuse to refund

Hello 'bloodyred',

Yes, you seem to have summed it all up nicely.  I am sorry you had to learn the hard way.

Most people have the same thing happen when they are new to buying on ebay.

I can just guess what country you bought from, -- the problem is more frequent with one country

than all the rest combined.

As I am sure you have seen, the ebay's "buyer protection" policy rests in filing a claim within 45 days.

You no doubt found this link a little too late:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

If you paid with a credit card you may be able to call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and

ask to do a chargeback.  You will need to have all the transaction details in front of you when you do.

In future, now that you know, do not let that day 45 pass by.  And you are right, - do not accept a promised

replacement.  As the saying goes, -- the first one didn't show up, so what makes you think the second one will?

Sad to say, the 'earnest promise' is just a ruse to delay you past the day when you can no longer file a claim,

and perhaps even past Day 60 when you can no longer leave feedback.

So now you are older and wiser.  I hope it wasn't expensive.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: purchase from ebay, item didn't arrive 2 months passed, seller refuse to refund

@dmil8030 wrote:

Hello 'bloodyred',

Yes, you seem to have summed it all up nicely.  I am sorry you had to learn the hard way.

Most people have the same thing happen when they are new to buying on ebay.

I can just guess what country you bought from, -- the problem is more frequent with one country

than all the rest combined.

As I am sure you have seen, the ebay's "buyer protection" policy rests in filing a claim within 45 days.

You no doubt found this link a little too late:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

If you paid with a credit card you may be able to call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and

ask to do a chargeback.  You will need to have all the transaction details in front of you when you do.

In future, now that you know, do not let that day 45 pass by.  And you are right, - do not accept a promised

replacement.  As the saying goes, -- the first one didn't show up, so what makes you think the second one will?

Sad to say, the 'earnest promise' is just a ruse to delay you past the day when you can no longer file a claim,

and perhaps even past Day 60 when you can no longer leave feedback.

So now you are older and wiser.  I hope it wasn't expensive.  Smiley Happy

Hello,

Thanks for your advice. This was not the first case since I started to order from ebay 2 years ago. I do understand and believe that all sellers from ebay always sent items to customers after they paid, and lost parcel always happen too. Some sellers actually sent a replacement and received very soon. I always give  them a chance to resend and hope they do and keep their promise too. Sometimes one bad people ruins the rest, now I learned a lesson which is only a few bucks, not expensive, but it's principle that I paid and should get my products. Anyway, if I ever wanted  to order from them again, which I doubt, particular from that country, I will be more careful. I'm just passing my experience to others to be careful when ordering from those country.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Some sellers actually sent a replacement and received very soon. I always give  them a chance to resend and hope they do and keep their promise too.

Unfortunately, it seems that this has recently become a new scam, primarily from Asian countries, but we can expect it to spread.

Because of this, and because Surface shipping takes so long, I would not allow a seller to 'send a replacement' , but would demand a refund. If I still trusted the seller I would then buy the article again, starting the delivery clock from the beginning.

If you receive a refund, and the item evenually turns up, you can repay the refund using Paypal's Send Money option. This actually happened to me, I repaid and the seller was shocked!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

This selling scamming tactic is already spreading (got scammed from a seller from Canada). A few days ago I was scammed off $400 from buying two graphic cards.

The seller basically ignores your emails then says: I won't ship you because you escalated (not pointing names, but tv points out criminals, stupid isn't it). The seller basically then ignores until the escalation period cancels out.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have that experience before, but I always got the item after they resend, so I was being nice to them and hope that they are too. I would not buy anything over $100 from ebay personally, wouldn't trust them anymore. I really want to put a negative feedback to that seller but too bad it's over the 60 days period and I don't know if there is a way to do it. I want to let other buyers know and be careful with that seller.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I ordered one item 2 months ago, but I did not received it yet.

the seller refunded it just after my complaint.

However, I lost almost one month, which would be used for the item.

this seller is very bad. he just asked me for good ratings.

What a stupid seller!

He has  a good seller title, by the way.

What a heck is it?

such an extemporized manner should be considered?

Ebay should punish such nasty sellers.

I expected ontime arrival, but the seller just ruined my plan.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

It was not my responsibility to make a claim, I did not ship the article, the seller did, If it got lost somewhere, the seller should refund my money and he should make a claim. but instead the seller is now ignoring all my emails to him and will not give me my money back. I will advise everyone I know not to buy from eBay, as they are not honest and let the sellers steal my money.  Apparently you have to make a claim within 45 days from your delivery date, I was never given a delivery date so this would have been impossible. They stole 81.91 US dollars of my money and I got nothing so I advise anyone to stay away from eBay. They are not honest company and the sellers are not honest either. I have had a horrible experience, so  I am finished  with shopping on that site. No one else should either.   

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

This happened to me but I ordered from the USA, not just the asian companies are scammers, so is people in the USA. I found this out the hardware

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

What a bunch of crooks, eBay could stop all this and hold sellers accountable, by dropping their stupid and senseless time limit of making a claim.  By the way--making a claim with eBay does not work because they just expire the claim after a certain length of time without a resolution.  Boy oh Boy that is quite a scam they got going, benefits eBay and the sellers. I think they are in this together, and to heck with the purchasers.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice may be out of date and no longer correct.

If you have a problem, start a new thread with enough detail that the busybodies experienced eBayers here can give useful advice.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

You have 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery to open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page (and most eBay pages) as an Item Not Received.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If you let that deadline pass you have 180 days from payment to open a Not Received Dispute with Paypal. The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of yourPP account page under Tools.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 13 of 13
latest reply