purchased 3 items believing there was a discount

I purchased three post cards believing there would be a discount but apparently that's not the case. Buyer says that maybe it applies when checking out thru shopping cart. On top of that all three items have "free shipping" yet seller decided to charge a shipping fee for the combined order.  So basically now I'm paying about twice as much as I expected for the items. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

marnotom!
Community Member

It's difficult for us board volunteers to make any sort of informed call on this without seeing the seller's terms and conditions, location, shipping method, et cetera.  Are you comfortable sharing one of the listing numbers with us so we can see them?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Free Shipping usually applies only to the seller's own country.

Are you and the seller in the same country?

While most people understand 'combined' shipping to mean 'discounted', it really doesn't. It means that the purchases will be shipped together.

But I'd be annoyed if anyone pulled that on me too.

More to the point, did the seller state that he would combine shipping?

Buyer says that maybe it applies when checking out thru shopping cart.

Do you mean 'seller'? Proofreading is your friend.

Is the GSP involved?

The cart is necessary in GSP shipped purchases for combined (and discounted) shipping.

It is important to read not just the title of the listing, but the entire description.

This may mean scrolling to another page.

And if the seller is not in your country, it is also important to read the information on the Shipping tab.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yeah, it should be "seller".

Buy offers free international shipping. Three card with free international shipping still equals free international shipping.

I recall seeing red tags beside the listings but since I don't take screen shots of my every movement whilst on eBay I'll never be able to prove it.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Could you provide the listing numbers?

On the original listing those are on the right side above the Description in tiny numerals.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply