scented laundry products

PLEASE note all sellers of used clothing.  Tell your buyers what laundry products have been used.  We of us who are sensitive to long lasting scents would thank you very much.  I am sick to death of trying to remove the 'stink'.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: scented laundry products

marnotom!
Community Member
How do sellers generally handle your questions to them about this?
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

FWIW- Every now and then a new seller asks about removing smells from their thrifted products and some one inevitably suggests Febreze.

And there is an immediate flood of posts denouncing the product, both the scented and unscented versions.

It's not an unknown problem and it is one that sellers try to educate their peers about.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I had one buyer who asked me about scents on a toy I was selling. I told her my item was thrifted and I had no idea what laundry soap or scents it carried. I advised her not to buy my item or any thrifted items of dubious nature because it sounded like there were severe allergies in her house. She agreed and thanked me for looking out for her. I would advise you do the same. Any thrifted items will not have history available to sellers. New sealed in package items may suit your needs better.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I would personally prefer the fake scent of almost anything over ...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I'd be laundering regardless, before wearing.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply