seller relisted an item I won

I resently won an auction being the only bid ,sent payment . Was refunded an relisted higher . Is this allowed .

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: seller relisted an item I won

marnotom!
Community Member

What was the reason given for the refund?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If the only reason they cancelled it was because they weren't happy with the price then no, it isn't allowed.  However, they can't be forced to send the item to you.  If the reason they used for the cancellation was 'out of stock' then eBay will put a defect on their account.  If they used 'buyer requested cancellation' or. 'Problem with address' and neither is true, you can report the seller.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022&st=3&pos=1&quer...

You can still leave feedback even if there is not a link on your purchase history.  Go to your own feedback page and at the bottom of the page click on leave feedback.  That transaction should still come up and you can leave feedback there,

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Classic. Leave a negative feedback and report to ebay. Can't do anything else unfortunately.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What I bid on was something I,ve been looking for  a long time  . I repurchased item at Buy it Now price . It seemed really sleazy to cancel after I bid and relisted at higher . I wonder if Ebay could intervene and refund difference of higher price from bid price .

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@jamesb6011 wrote:

What I bid on was something I,ve been looking for  a long time  . I repurchased item at Buy it Now price . It seemed really sleazy to cancel after I bid and relisted at higher . I wonder if Ebay could intervene and refund difference of higher price from bid price .

@jamesb6011 

The biggest question still would be the reason they used for cancellation. If it is an inappropriate reason you have a valid case you can "try" to make with ebay.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Although it was very wrong for the seller to relist the item that you had won't  it was your choice to buy the item again and pay more.  It isn't ebays responsibility to pay the difference.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply