tell ebay that postal code n0n 1j6 is valid canada post made new over a year ago

23bone
Community Member

tell ebay that postal code N0N 1J6 is valid, canada post made new ones over a year ago

thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tell ebay that postal code n0n 1j6 is valid canada post made new over a year ago

Yeah, that happens a lot.

Since the purpose is to locate you geographically, just use either the older postal code or if you are in a new suburb the postal code for a municipal building that has been around a few years like the town hall or a school.

When you set up your Paypal account, you should be able to enter the correct code, and it is much more important there.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yeah, that happens a lot.

Since the purpose is to locate you geographically, just use either the older postal code or if you are in a new suburb the postal code for a municipal building that has been around a few years like the town hall or a school.

When you set up your Paypal account, you should be able to enter the correct code, and it is much more important there.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I appreciate your helping,,so I tried using the old one   N0N 1J0  to check on shipping rates for a guitar and it said that wasn't valid either..it does work for sorting the list by cost + shipping though..

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

this issue has not been solved  I also get errors using the very same postal code  N0N 1J6.  seach something yourself, then sort by shipping and plug that postal code in and you will see too.  it says  please enter a valid ZIP or postal code.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@23bone wrote:

this issue has not been solved  I also get errors using the very same postal code  N0N 1J6.  seach something yourself, then sort by shipping and plug that postal code in and you will see too.  it says  please enter a valid ZIP or postal code.

I just tried it and it worked.  Is it possible that you are entering the letter o instead of a zero?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I just tried it and it worked.  Is it possible that you are entering the letter o instead of a zero?

Interesting.  N0N 1J6 doesn't work for me.

N0N 1J0 works fine, though.  I suggest the OP use that for searches instead.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hmm, interesting. It did not work for me. I was very careful about o and 0 too. Also tried with space and without space between each half code. I did not try capital or non capital versions.

Browser issue??? I am using Firefox latest version on a desktop. I did this test hours ago. 

I am am on my iPad now. I will test here and see what happens.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I had checked it on my iPad and just tried it again...definitely works here.  Odd that it doesn't work for everyone. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply