this is crazy what is wrong with the system?

what is wrong with this picture?

I opened up the link to the tracking of my  order to check it out. And It asks for the number. I put in the number and it gives me incorrect address. What the heck does this mean?

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Right. But it’s currently out-of-stock so its price isn’t relevant to your situation because no one can purchase it.

Also, um. Did you look elsewhere for this item before you chose it from this seller?

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Assuming your account address is correct it could be a bogus tracking number that's been used before. Are you sure you entered the number properly?

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Please provide a screenshot.

Not of your street address. Of the error. Your post does not make sense, we cannot tell if you’re speaking about a website address or a street address.
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Screenshot from 2018-03-20 16-39-07.png

@momcqueenwrote:
Please provide a screenshot.

Not of your street address. Of the error. Your post does not make sense, we cannot tell if you’re speaking about a website address or a street address.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

I entered what they gave me. Not much else I can do. Is there?
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Yes, contact the seller and ask for a different tracking number. Tell them your results.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Also, double-check the address that you supplied ebay and paypal to make certain the error is not yours. 

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Now that you mention it. I think I forgot to put space between postal code N3R and the rest. Could that do it?
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

I'm not sure. When you check the addresses associated with your accounts, what do they look like? Is it a legit address? Is it the correct address? Or did it translate to gibberish because of a displaced character? 

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Ultimately here's what you want to do:

(a) Check the address you supplied. If correct, then proceed to C. 

(b) Fix your address if it's wrong, then proceed to C.

(c) Tell your seller the tracking they supplied returns the 'incorrect address' information and ask for them to check the reason for that. It may be they left off a character or something, I don't know. 

(d) Wait until your Estimated Date of Delivery (EDD) has passed. Did you get the item? If yes, then....? If no, return to (c) and tell the seller they have three business days to resolve your Item Not Received issue before you open a case with ebay.

(e) EDD+3: do you have your item? If yes.... then? If no, open an Item Not Received case. 

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

I Checked just in case as you said. I had forgotten to put apt number since I live in a building. I fixed it both here and at paypal. Then I checked again with the tracking number. Now it says tracking number not found. The item has shipped already 2 days ago. There is nothing the seller can do right now. The fault is mine not theirs.
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

It will be returned to the seller if the courier cannot find you. Now that your address has been corrected, the seller can resend it to you but you will have to foot the bill for postage a second time. 

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

then it will be a first time for me. Because shipping was free
Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Tracking is definitely not very accurate with Intelcom. The only scans  I've seen with theirs to date is picked up,  At terminal and Delivered. Out for delivery would be awesome and it doesn't show a scan history. Their updated status form does not get you an email returned in the 24 hours as stated, at least in Calgary. And very difficult to find a phone number for their office. Only suggestion I can make is keep checking their website for an update  and keep checking your front step for a package that  appears suddenly  before it mysteriously disappears. According to reviews they don't have a great history of getting signatures for packages delivered.

-CM

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

or I might get a note. If anyone by that name lives here go pick this thing up at x location.
It happened once.And I forgot to tell the apt number again. Not on ebay. Elsewhere.
Message 15 of 32
latest reply

@vintagetonow2134wrote:
then it will be a first time for me. Because shipping was free

'Free' shipping means only that the cost of shipping was added to the item price instead of shown separately. No shipping is truly 'free' as carriers don't give it away. 

Regardless, expect your seller to invoice you for postage before he sends it again. Technically, if the buyer supplies an incorrect address, they've pretty much voided any claims under the MoneyBack Guarantee through ebay (Paypal has different rules) so you can see the reason having provided a correct and complete address is imperative. 

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

no problem if I get the item. The item matters. If I get it. I am willing to even pay for shipping. It comes from within Canada. It can't be that much for a roll of yarn lol!!!

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

oh by the way. I have intelcom in my town. Do you think I'll be able to track if I go to them personally with the tracking number that I got from the seller. And show them proof of address and explain to them all that was missing was the appt number which is why it caused this confusion?
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

You could try, call their offices first.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

from within Canada. It can't be that much for a roll of yarn lol!!!

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!

If it is over 2 cm thick in the package, you are looking at an easy $10 for shipping.

Probably more.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 20 of 32
latest reply