5 months passed and I didn't receive an item. and I can't open a request (no more option)

5 months passed and I didn't receive an item. and I can't open a request (no more such an option). the item is new hot European women car pattern handbag fashion shoulder messenger bag ( 181348649935 ) 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

5 months passed and I didn't receive an item. and I can't open a request (no more option)

Oh dear.

EBay only allows 45 days for a dispute to be opened for Item Not Recieved.

Normal delivery, in my experience, would be

15 days from Europe*

20 days from North America

30 days from Asia.**

At that point, you should be asking the seller for the date of shipping, the service used and the tracking number. It is not important that the seller have a tracking number, on low cost items there won't be one. You want his response.

If the response is unsatisfactory (anything less than a useable tracking number or a full refund is unsatisfactory) then move to the Dispute within 45 days.

Since January, Paypal has allowed refund claims to be opened for 180 days. That's six months but act today.

So you should go to your PP account and look for the Resolution Centre on the left side of your Payments page.

You will need the number of the PP transaction.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, he will be required to refund your original payment. If he doesn't , PP will refund you and go after the seller for their money. Hard.

If neither works, you can try going to the credit card you really paid with (PP is really just a useful mediator) and phone the 1-800 number on the card. Ask the customer service rep about a chargeback.

So you have three levels of protection.

Go get your money.

*Europeans tend to ship by Air Mail.

**Asian sellers will tell you it takes longer. Maybe, but usually this is a sign that you are being scammed.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

5 months?!?!?! I don't know if you'll have any recourse after that much time, at least through the normal channels. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply