Believed I bought a fake t-shirt off ebay.

edwti-9153
Community Member

The item has not come yet, but I believe that it is fake since it was one of those that was shipping address based in Germany, but was shipped from Bulgaria.

I think that it is a counterfeit item, and I have even messaged the seller that it is authentic, and they said the tags are attached for authenticity.

The seller does not accept returns, but can I do something about it like go to paypal resolution centre?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Bulgaria is a member of the European Union, which is Free Trade economic union.

And the two countries are about the same distance apart as Quebec and Alberta.

So there is that.

The seller may be in Germany, but his supplier in Bulgaria. However, when this is the case, the Location should be that of the product, not the seller.

The seller is allowed to have a No Returns policy, but not a No REFUNDS policy.

If you decide the shirt is counterfeit, you can open a Not As Described dispute* on eBay for 30 days after delivery.

The seller will be instructed to send you return shipping.

Then you will be refunded.

*If it does not arrive by the last estimated delivery date eBay gave you, you can open a Item Not Received dispute.

EBay offers a Money Back Guarantee.

marnotom!
Community Member

Yes, you can do something like that, but not until you receive the item and can confirm its authenticity or lack thereof.

I'd also suggest going through eBay rather than PayPal as a claim through the latter may require that you return the item at your own expense.