Do I have to Quit ebay now ? How dare they !!

I have been a loyal Ebay customer for many years, and buy here all the time. I spend thousands of dollars every year, sometimes up to a thousand on a single item.

All my transactions have been great for the most part, occasionally I have had small items from other countries not show up, but they have been just 20 or 40 dollar items, all my expensive items I have received fine, and most of the cheaper items too, but if I don't get an item occasionally I will file a claim.

Just recently I didn't get an item from Isreal, and the tracking was not updating, and I ended up getting a refund for the 40 dollar item.

This morning I receive and email from Ebay about Important information about my ebay activity. It says that I have an excessive number of returns or buyer protections. It also states they might not be able to protect me further if something goes wrong.

I wish they would look at how many thousands of dollars I spend here every year. I maybe have had a couple hundred dollars in buyer protections over the years. I thought Ebay was supposed to be safe ?

I have never filed a claim for something that I have received, I have always been honest. If I don't get the occasional 40 dollar item, but all the thousands of dollars in jewelry I have bought and never filed a claim....

Shame on you Ebay. I feel betrayed. I have defended you so many times, recommended you, just helped a co-worker set up her first ebay account....told so many people this was better than amazon.

Look at my buying history over the last 6 years and see just how much I have purchased, and just how little I have had issues with. I am being punished for shopping here too often maybe...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

I Don't believe the message you received had anything to do with how much you spent on items, it has to do with how many items you have used the money back guarantee for.. and i am sure there is a magic number that eBay uses to trigger an automatic response.. hence your notice of too many items not received claims,  personally i would recommend  you cut your purchases from overseas, or purchase from sellers overseas who charge something for shipping, at least then you will get a true tracking number that actually works..  when you buy something cheaply with free shipping you get snail mail, and it can take months to arrive..  just my 2 cents..

At a guess, you may have had a "large" number of Money Back Guarantee claims in a short time.

What the number or percentage is, eBay will not disclose . Nor should they.

I don't think I've ever heard of the problem being the value of the items, usually it is the sheer number of them.

If this was just a warning, don't worry about it.

You are still protected by Paypal's Buyer Protection program and if you back your PP account with a credit card, by the card's chargeback policies.

Have you been reading the Seller Feedback?

As you probaby know, anything under 98% is poor (99% for overseas sellers).  And if the seller has lots of FB -- in the tens or even hundreds of thousands-- it is still worth reading the negs and neutrals for patterns of slow delivery or poor quality, rather than taking a chance on the MBG.

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2019

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice may be out of date or the question long since resolved.

In this case, as has been pointed out, the OP is still on eBay and still selling.

mcrlmn
Community Member

2019 Zombie Thread!

marnotom!
Community Member

@andremontevilla @onebadwolf 

This question dates back over a year and a half.  The OP has buyer feedback dating back within the past six months.

Did you call them? 

Is eBay claiming that your prior refunds were unfounded? Strange they would honor them if that were the case. Seems to me, that perhaps you are not the problem.

Perhaps, the "All you little people with your little transactions, expecting what you paid for... How you bore us. " customer service model is the problem.

Are you certain the message to which you refer legitimately came from ebay? It's a common phishing tactic elsewhere online to set that kind of bait and hope it's swallowed. Was there a copy of it in your ebay Messages, and what did ebay Customer Service tell you when you called?